Ask us anything about trading, investing and markets

When will u ppl gv the direct option chain instead of the third party option chain sensibull placing orders through their option chain is costing the slippages of delay in execution

2 Likes

What the income tax website shows is the buy & sell trade details at exchange trade price, and the value of your holdings. There is no P&L and hence nothing to tally. All the trade details will have to match with what is on console and on the IT website. P&L is extremely complex math especially when there is a corporate action or shares transferred from another demat to your demat. I don’t know how the Income-tax website will be able to show the LTCG & STCG calculations.

2 Likes

I can’t think of any off the shelf product that shows this. @Karthik ?

3 Likes

If you are doing delivery based trading of stocks, you can show the gains as capital gains. In this case everything apart from STT can be deducted from the profits.

For intraday and F&O trading, you have to file your P&L as business income. In this case you can show all charges as your cost, including STT. We have explained all of this in detail here

3 Likes

Very tough to say. But you have to assume they are actively placing trades at the market open and market closing because there is usually a lot of liquidity and it is easier to enter and exit large positions. Also, when European markets open at around 1.30 pm IST there is usually a flurry of activity. We can maybe assume an increased trading activity by FIIs around this time as well.

2 Likes

The way to get this data is to subscribe to NSE tick by tick data feeds and then create your own historical database. Check this

I can’t think of any data vendor who is selling historical tick by tick or second by second data.

Firstly tick by tick is large amounts of data, I don’t know technologically how NSE can give this data publicly to everyone. I know a lot of institutional investors, I can’t think of many who care for tick by tick or second by second data. The only ones who really care for this is high frequency trading desks who are involved in arbitrage or market making strategies.

2 Likes

We are working on having instant execution on Sensibull option chain.

2 Likes

Nope, I don’t think it is available on Sensibull, but I think they will consider having it soon. Meanwhile, its easy to calculate, have explained how to in the chapter itself.

2 Likes

Dividends are reinvested after accounting for US taxes. You don’t have to worry about the US part of the taxation. In India, debt taxation applies for international funds and ETFs.

2 Likes

When will there be instant withdraw feature ?
(A bit related to Zerodha, but this has no clear answer in other posts, that’s why I’m asking here)

@nithin

We all know that whenever FII is selling, DII buys and whenever FII is buying, DII sells. This is already evident from daily FII DII data.

But how do they know that the other party is buying or selling? How do DII know that FII are selling, so lets buy and vice versa.

From the daily data, it sure looks that FII and DII behave like cartels, always taking the opposite trade, but how do they understand what the opposite party is doing?

There are so many FII and DII, surely the DII HDFC MF won’t be calling and checking with all other DII MF houses, LIC to know if they are selling or buying, then collate this information from all, understand that no DII is selling so it must be FII selling, so all the DII jump into taking the opposite trade and start buying. You get my point, what I am trying to say.

How do they understand who is buying or selling?

1 Like

There is a general guideline that an MF portfolio should not have more than 4-5 funds. However, is that reco applicable if the portfolio size is beyond a crore and more?

1 Like

Instant withdrawal brings a lot of risk to our business. Unlike bank brokers who also control the bank accounts, we don’t have any control over the customer bank account. So if we did process an excess withdrawal, impossible to get it back.

Typically withdrawals are processed at the end of every day after the daily trade process and applying all P&L and charges. There is then a reconciliation done. If we had to do this intraday, the risk on us goes up quite a bit. This is one of the reasons why it has taken this long. But we are almost there, but we will be processing withdrawals only up to say Rs 25,000 instantly. Btw this would cover over 95% of all fund withdrawal requests.

5 Likes

I know what you mean, it does seem like it is all orchestrated, but in reality it isn’t. In the business of money, everyone is trying to make money of another person, there are no friends. The world views and liquidity positions might be the reason why they seem to be acting opposite to each other.

4 Likes

I have a query regarding market correlation while doing swing trading ( 1 week to 1 month holding duration)
For eg. when Nifty starts to fall, most of the stocks also see good selling pressure. So how do I decide whether it’s time to cut my losses and sit with cash, or let my trades run its course( like letting them hit SL). Usually in these times most of the SL’s get hit.

How to decide when to sit out and when to let the trades run according to our pre determined plan.
Because if I am taking trades according to 1D or 4hrs timeframe Nifty is still highly bullish but a small correction like we have seen in the past few days hit most of my SLs bringing down the win rate.

Which is the one US index to follow in relation with Nifty to understand the sentiment?

In general, what are the main macros one has to follow to speculate on Nifty? (Like, people say Crude oil, or Dollar Index)

Is there any good book/read on understanding macros that has strong effect on Nifty?

1 Like

Will Nikhil Kamath Sir ever talk about his trading knowledge ??! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:#justkidding.

Please include him too on this #askUsAnything to ask some serious Q’s on trading.

most individual pro (twitter) traders suggest 4% pm and vouch for option selling over buying for consistent trading

What route (buying/selling) did u find best in ur trading journey and will suggest for individuals (say 25 lac capital and 12 lac expectation). It also depends on sideways/trending etc but on the whole - buying or selling?

As per ur experience is 4% pm too much or too little for full time traders with say 2-3 yr+ fno experience?

Any guess how much prop desks and fii traders make in fno, given their hughe overheads!

If you have a strategy that is backtested and if you think it can make money in the long run, you just need to have the patience, be disciplined and let it play out.

By the way, if you are getting stopped out often, the right strategy is to reduce your trading size and have a deeper stop. Many traders do the same mistake of taking too large a trade. Since the trade size is a significant portion of the account value, the stops are too close, and hence the trader keeps getting stopped out.

Hopefully this helps,

3 Likes

Tagging @Nik to get an answer from him. :wink: Will ping him the link and ask him to answer a few Q’s.

3 Likes