Ask us anything about trading, investing and markets

You can see the live data on our option chain within Kite.

I am guessing what you want to see live is the Open interest data. But that data can’t really be live. I had explained this earlier.

2 Likes

Nasdaq seems to be most correlated in the last few months. Every macro is important I guess, try to look at ancillary data points like commercial vehicle sales, electricity consumption, promoter holding changes, etc as well.

1 Like

@nithin which was your toughest trade (loss) ever ? and how did u recover from that blow?

Hi Bhuvan,

Are you guys planning to introduce Conditional orders anytime soon , for eg:- i want to take a trade on options based on price of futures contract in Nifty or BankNifty ?

If no please give it a thought.

How are Futures settled in the case of Bonus/Stock Splits/Dividends?? If I Buy XYZ stock’s futures when the spot price is 100 and due to stock split( 2 for 1) the the spot price went to 50. How is the futures contract settled in this case?

no superior knowledge :), just do simple things and don’t have ridiculous expectations, buying whatever is not the flavor of the season seems to work a lot, for example, buying gold right now…

2 Likes

@nik which is your most memorable trading moment ever? do you remember which trade it was and can u tell more about it

Hi @nithin @nik Does new SEBI rule about 50 50 margin for FnO overnight affect Zerodha? Because Zerodha already does this as far as I know. Can you throw some light on the rule as well as current handling in Zerodha? Thanks.

the loss-making events are the most memorable, for me it has been, running short positions in bull runs, having one right now :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Companies declaring a dividend do publish the date by when the dividend will be credited to the eligible shareholders. The dividend usually gets credited within 15 days from the record date. You will have to go through the dividend declaration notice you would have received from the company.

For example, Infosys declared a dividend of Rs. 15 per share, the record date being Oct 27th, 2021. The dividend declaration notice came with the dividend payment date which was November 10th in this case.

2 Likes

A Zerodha Console Feature Request for @nithin @nik

I appreciate the Tagging feature in console P&L and Trades, but it will be great if we can group the stocks rather than trades, and create multiple portfolios to indicate we have say portfolio 1 using X strategy, portfolio 2 using Y strategy and then show the results portfolio wise, returns, winners, loosers, etc. It would be complicated to implement, but if this happens you can replace what we are doing in excel right now.

Thanks

1 Like

@nik your top 3 predictions for 2022 for indian mrkts?

if I sell nifty at any xxxx level and for any unexpected reason (say system/internet fault or no buyer at that level) and so unable to buy it,then what happened?

1 Like

What is the reason for Derivatives. As it is only speculation which is kind of same as betting. If it is gambling only, why two different stands ?

how to find intrinsic value?

1 Like

Which are the best combination of indicators that is used in charts (leading and lagging) along with timeframe?

Hi @nithin , I would like to know your investment philosophy and what kind of investing you do.
Thanks.

Why do big investors like rakesh jhunjhunwala invest through his firm rare enterprise? They will have to pay more tax if invested through a firm or company by flat rate of 30% while individual investment tax is just 10% with indexation benefit.

@nik Are you instrument/industry-agnostic? or are there some trades or instruments you do not trade in as a principle or a rule that you have set for yourself? What are your self-imposed trading limitations, if any? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

hi @nik , what do you prefer, selling high IV options or low IV?
I feel that high IV options can give better premiums on an average but one crazy move can wipe out many months profits. What’s your take?