BEL went through a stock split recently and the split shares were credited to my demat on 18th March but I am not able to see them on Pi/Kite, how do I sell them?

The split shares of BEL which went through stock split recently was credited to my demat on 18th March (I received a SMS from CDSL). I can’t see it on Kite/pi, Why? How do I sell it now?

The normal process is to upload a holding file with all stocks in your demat (CDSL) at the end of every trading day on Kite/pi. 18th March was a Saturday, and this stock was credited to your demat account after we generated the holding file on Friday. Since the markets are closed on Saturday and Sunday we don’t generate a holding file, so the Friday end of day holdings is what will show up in Kite/Pi. The holding file with the split shares will be uploaded end of today (Monday) and the holdings will be updated in Kite/Pi.

If you are in a hurry to sell the shares in such cases, send an email to [email protected], we can manually update the holdings after crosschecking with your demat on Kite/Pi for you to be able to sell.

2 Likes

Hi Bhuvanesh
Even I am facing the same issue with Bonus shares
I have shares of a company (VGuard) which issued bonus shares few days back… however in Kite, the price/share got adjusted but my number of shares did not increase. This is now showing a loss in Holding section, where as there is no loss

KalyanKool has already answered this question, check this. You also get an sms when these bonus shares are activated, only after this you will be able to see these shares on Kite/Pi.

Thanks a lot Roopa!