Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting video - 2021

2 Likes

@RahulKhanna has Buffet changed his stance on Bitcoin? While Charlie spoke about feeling ‘disgusted’ about Bitcoin, Buffet seems to have softened up by saying - “I am alright on that one.”

1 Like

“I’m alright” is him agreeing with Munger I think.

The comment was a joke/sarcasm. Check around 3:42:32 in the above video for more context behind that comment. There was an article about it as well -

“I knew there’d be a question on bitcoin,” Buffett said. “I thought to myself, ‘Well, I’ve watched these politicians dodge questions all the time, you know, I find it kind of disgusting, but they do it.’ But the truth is I’m gonna dodge that question because we probably got hundreds of thousands of people watching that own bitcoin, and we probably have two people that are short. So we got a choice of making 400,000 people mad at us and unhappy, and, or making two people happy, and that’s just a dumb equation.”

Buffett’s partner, Charlie Munger, said bringing up bitcoin is like “waving the red flag at the bull.”

“Of course, I hate the bitcoin success and I don’t welcome a currency that’s useful to kidnappers and extortionists, and so forth,” the 97-year-old said. “Nor do I like just shuffling out of extra billions and billions and billions of dollars to somebody who just invented a new financial product out of thin air. So, I think I should say modestly that I think the whole damn development is disgusting and contrary to the interests of civilization. And I’ll leave the criticism to others.”

To that, Buffett joked, “I’m alright on that one.”

1 Like