Best Cash Component Securities

@ShubhS9 @TradeB2B @curiousvi @Jason_Castelino @cvs After the money bill amendment, what are the best options other then debt funds for cash pledge in?

Or the Clearing corporation should include other types of funds in cash component categories?

2 Likes

SGB ?
But there are no guaranteed returns. But over a long run I think it should be fine. I am talking about 10 years plus.
It will also in diversification and act as a natural hedge against your equity portfolio.

Now bring FDs under pledge mechanism and use upi mandate or new CC-Bank mandate to block funds :smiley:
plus get 99% cash collateral instead of 90%.

Edit: ofc this will not happen bcos then the bank cant use the funds for its own loans.
so if Debt funds become less favourable then expense ratios will go higher.

• Corporate borrowing yeild will also increase
1 Like

traditional brokers are giving fd as collateral. 0% haircut.

but what kotak is giving me is in non cash component. FD will be lein marked and to redeem you need 2 level of approval.

unpledging is tiresome than mutual funds.

1 Like

Yeah, Kotak should start this as cash component.

Does zerodha allows FD as cash ?

yes. Wish they would. Although for intraday it doesn’t matter.

Btw they only allow their FDs.

2 Likes

We don’t allow pledging of FD due to operational and reconciliation constraints associated with them: Does Zerodha provide collateral margins for trading by pledging bank Fixed Deposits (FD)?

Last I talked with Kotak they said …they have stopped pledging FD

1 Like

Yes, pledging of the Bank Fixed Deposits is a Complicated Process. We should not assume it is just same as pledging some Debt Funds etc. online. One will have to go the specific bank branch and get the formalities done, which might take lot of time and energy.

So, if pledging is the main motive, then please do not consider Fixed Deposits as an easy option for the same.

boss why you need to pledge FD , pledge GOI Bonds - i pledged around 1 crore worth GOI bond - there is no immediate TDS on intrest- i am getting 7.7% average return

2 Likes

Where do you buy GOI - apart from coin/kite - do you buy anywhere else ?
what are your suggestions for secondary market GOI buying?

@curiousvi
you can buy from these website - you get lot of bonds to choose , its will credit to your demate account within 2 days

1 - Government Bonds - Buy Government Bonds Online in Easy Steps | IndiaBonds

2- Buy Central Government Bonds Online in India (thefixedincome.com)

i buy from these website worth 1 crore bonds , now every month the coupen rate will credit in my account

1 Like

so I guess you dont use idbi samriddhi portal?
what are the above sites charge for commission? if no commission how do they make money?
I guess they are adding their markup in selling/offer price to you

SMALL AMOUNT FROM SELLER - NOT BUYER

idbi limitedd option

1 Like

ok so those platforms are basically online markets for bonds.
IDBI is not like that …they sell from their own holding if am not mistaken.
How was your experience with idbi?

IDBI starting time i buy worth 5 lakhs - but limited option to choos , when we put buy order they are rejecting continusely - customer support is very bad , again we need to wait for another two days to quate -

but these two website customer service is super - whatever we need to buy they will help to buy best one - nothing rejected here - whatever we need every option quote will be accepted

1 Like

@curiousvi

these bonds currently i have

everymonth i will received coupen intrest rate - whatever i received intrest i will reinvested in small cap fund - my option trading profit aroud 4 lakhs i will buy bonds - these is rotating process - my target to achieved intrest income is 20 lakhs - 2 years more i want to go

every thing i will pledge - i will do option selling

fggrgfe

currently my profit is running 3 lakhs +
i will buy long term bonds in next week

5 Likes

Thank you very much for sharing. Are you using Zerodha only or have more accounts?

1 Like

one more account also i have