Books for Technical Analysiss

Forwarded to @Manoj_Maheshwari, @Vibha83, @kamuthi

Mr. Sandeep, If possible please send me the PDF to my I’d soundargobi@ Gmail.com.

Sent to your mail

Thank you Sandeep. I got it.
Thanks and regards.

1. How to day trade for a living by Andrew Aziz - he is a retail trader like most of us here. His book is exceptionally good and very practical in approach. Not one of those books which tells you that you are going to be a millionaire, instead advocates risk management and discipline to be successful. He also shared the strategies that are commonly used. He uploads his daily day trading videos on youtube everyday and if you were to watch his videos you will know note that he faces losses too and admits when he makes mistakes.

2. How to day trade: Ross Cameron. Another retail trader.

Regards

Billy Jango

2 Likes

Thank you. Received the same. Now i am reading Volume Price Analysis by ANNA COULING http://amzn.to/2yhaAYt

Please send it to [email protected]

Pl send it to [email protected]

Hey Sudheer, Please send it to [email protected].

Plz send me
[email protected]

Very interesting topic, I think I should also read such literature.

Please do let us know your feedback on Volume Price Analysis by ANNA COULING
I wanted to buy it but decided to keep it aside for a while due to lack of feedback and also I have tons of other books to go through

Read Al Brooks series…

@SagarG Thanks Will check these out. BTW any feedback on Volume Price Analysis by ANNA COULING ?

Here we can download most of the ebooks

1 Like

I have read Vol Price Analysis by Anna Couling and found the book to be very insightful. After going through the book i now know what price action and the corresponding vol means, in terms of action of institutional investors. The explanation is very similar, logical and easy to follow, to how Zerodha has explained actions in their Varsity. You can also find this book online, maybe go thorough few chapters from the PDF and decide if you want to go ahead and buy the book. Hope you found this useful.

Could you please provide me the bare logic of calculating Adaptive RSI…It should not be AFL code or any other Ninja or MT4 code…Just pure algo in english …?
I want to calculate 14period Adaptive RSI on a 5 min chart…
Thanks

Hi @nashtrik,

Good question!

Before understanding how to calculate Adaptive RSI, I shall urge you to read this article.

So, basically it says:
RSI = 100 - ( 100 / 1 + RS )
where,
RS = Average of ‘N’ day’s closes UP/Average of ‘N’ day’s closes DOWN
(Source: “RSI: The Complete Guide” by John Hayden)

Now since we are clear on calculating RSI, let us delve into making it “Adaptive”. Oh! before that, the purpose of making any number series “Adaptive” is to reduce the inherent noise and its lag. Like we have AMA - Adaptive Moving Averages, AMACD - Adaptive MACD, KAMA - Kauffman AMA, etc. And figuring out “Adaptiveness” of a data series, can also be similar to “Stochastication” of a data series like StochasticRSI, etc… Discouragingly, the thing is that since we are dealing with past data, anything that we derive out of it will lag and is incapable to consistently imply future movements. However, having that said, it can be used to make sense of numbers presented in a series - but speculating on the basis of these indicators are dangerous. But if Risk is mitigated to a fixed amount and upon back testing, if these systems gives higher win-loss ratio, then only one should think about implementing it to practice.

So, back to ARSI (Adaptive RSI).

eq1 = ( 14-period RSI of Close ) / 100 - 0.5
eq2 = Absolute value of eq1
eq3 = eq2 times 2
ARSI = eq3 x Close + ( 1 - eq3 ) x Previous ARSI Value

Thanks a lot for such a quick response…Just stuck on the last line… “Previous ARSI”…Does it mean ARSI(13)?..Means do I have to calculate ARSI(13) to derive ARSI (14) ?How?
Plz Consider the fact that I am a non techie with limited math knowled