Brokerage on CO/BO order is not clear, some hidden charges are there

If CO/BO order executed on 4 types then will Zerodha charges 20X4=80 or just Rs 20 as brokerage?

0.01% or Rs. 20/trade whichever is lower

Hello ankith, I am not sure u got my question, on BO, if my lot executes on 10 trades, I may end up by paying 10*20 =200.where it should be only 20. Because I put single BO, I shd not worry about how it get executed…

@amasthan

There is no such hidden charges in BO.
Bracket Order work like that only.

Since BO is basically a Limit Order, most of the time, your entire quantity is not filled in one go instead filled in chunks of qty.

As BO is highly leveraged product, the OMS will not let any BO position open without target and stop-loss.If the OMS will let any BO position open without counter order, then that will be risk for both the client and the broker and especially broker has maximum risk since most of the clients using BO only.

The problem arises when there’s a partial filling.
The OMS will place stop-loss order for every partial filling.OMS will not wait till the entire quantity filled to place target and stop-loss, bcoz after partial fill the price may move away and leaving the BO position open.

It is a safety mechanism for both client and broker.

If you want single target & stop-loss, you should place BO in MARKET…But there is no option in BO to place the order at market, the workaround is place BO with higher limit price than LTP for buy and vice versa for sell. This will ensure that your BO is filled in one go and one target & stop-loss is placed instead of multiple order’s.

In CO, you are placing Market order and your order is filled in one go (except when there is no buyer or seller case), So only one stop-loss order is placed.

1 Like