Brokers without OI restrictions

Hi @unofficed

Are you using IIFL API?

I was checking IIFL API Docs in their website.

There is no option to get OI details for option strikes? Is there a way?

Using Fyers for 3 months now.
No issue of margin. I have pledged direct equity MF and receiving the margin post hair cut as laid out by exchange. No cash component required.
In case you breach your margin limit, you will receive a call from the support.
No issue of buying options so far. You can buy options without short positions. Did not face any issue with restriction of strike price.
They have integrated option chain from charts and you can place buy/sell order directly without leaving the page.
Basket orders are enabled.
Price alerts are enabled, but Zerodha sentinel is much better.
Another good thing is they have tied up optionsdesk where the option chain is much better. https://fyers.in/introducing-options-desk/ This is free till 30-09-2021.
Adjusting pending order price is easier via the price ladder or charts.

In the last 3 months, there was only one glitch where the web and app login was an issue. I was able to trade from FyersOne. The web and app login was fixed in 2 hrs.

Running more than 10K automated accounts spanning 12 brokers. Fyers definitely has a margin problem.

The net margin of taking the trade is correct but it will ask more margin while taking trade (kind of what Zerodha does but Alice, Upsucks and others don’t.)

Tip - Forget everything and try ICICIB. They have copied Zerodha’s UI in mobile without using too much brain and kept prices same with Zerodha. That’s killer.

There is way. Web API but that updates a retard amount of time i.e. 5-10 minutes later. You will see the battlefield after the war is over.

Currently having 10L in Fyers and have never faced any margin issue.
IronFly margin per lot is around 50K (+/- 5K based on volatility).

Cons of ICICI Neo
Neo does not have the benefit of 3in 1 account.
Margin Collateral interest is approx. 9%. With 8L of my MF pledge, it will be extra 72K per year.
No direct MF avl.
Equity delivery charges is still the same as earlier. Not an equity trader, but invest sometimes in IPO.
No brokerage refund in case of winning 30 days challenge.

2 Likes

You are right. I mentioned this part earlier once. Problem is with smaller account if you have 1Lish.

Right. Different broker. Different pros and cons. 30 Day challenge thing will be counted as a con of every broker lol unless Guy has secured himself Aliceblue freedom plan when they offered.

So many people facing this OI issue, including me. Can you tell me why can’t this be a feasible solution:

Once a basket order is placed which includes a far OTM [restricted] option, system first checks whether there exists another balancing short position in the same basket [probably below this OTM option] which is sent for execution. If yes, then system does not reject this buy order and allows the basket to be executed.

I agree this does not cover naked buy positions but at least this way you could retain hedgers on Zerodha. I am tired of paying 3x brokerage every week I create a new position. @nithin @ShubhS9

Not as simple to do all of this in the order path of a customer order.

If delay in order path is a concern am not too sure about how that goes up as that far OTM order is anyway going to be rejected. Just the rejection logic would need to be tweaked to make it more inclusive?

Unless of course all orders in the basket are sent in parallel and not in sequence. Which I don’t think is the case here?

Looking at this from another angle, it’s not a big deal for me if basket orders containing far OTM options have an execution delay of a second more than other baskets, if I am saving 2x brokerage on every order and don’t want to leave Zerodha just for this thing.

Also right now I have to fire that basket 3-4 times by clicking Execute-Reset-Execute-Reset… which anyway is delaying my order execution manyfolds. [And this one is a major hassle if you ask me. One second delay is nothing when compared with this.]

Plus it brings back all users lost to other platforms to Zerodha as well. Hope I’m making sense.

I know what you are saying, we have thought about it quite a bit. If it wasn’t complex, we would have already done this, it is good for our business as well. I will once again bring it up with our tech team.

2 Likes

It’s better u leave leave trading. U can’t slove it. It’s sebi and exchange rule and no broker can give more than this percentage. If u can’t understand this basic rule I bet u can’t understand trading

Rules can be changed if the ‘force’ is stronger.

1 Like

Hi @nithin , hoping for some progressive development on this!

I created the position yesterday, and can see that you relaxed the far OTM restriction for fully hedged position yesterday.

However the same is reversed today, and the restriction reinstalled. Any reason why?

On expiry day there are no strike price restrictions for contracts expiring on that day.

No! I created position for the next expiry, not the current expiry.

Both yesterday and today, I created a position in 7th Feb expiry of Banknifty.

Now can you clarify why that happened?

Apologies, my bad. Since yesterday was budget, the allowed range was wider.

1 Like

If you do change it for specific days, what is the problem with changing it permanently?

At least for fully hedged positions? Only if created from basket order?

This is a major problem, need a response seriously. @nithin