Brokers without OI restrictions

• It does not require cash collateral.
  • Yes.
  • No, But You can hunt the name of direct mutual funds and buy them.

Lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Investing in direct MF is understood. How do you swiftly pledge such MF with them?

Call your RM.
Raise support a mail.

There are 500 ways. The facility is there to be availed. It is your job to avail it hook or crook.

It is not clickity clickity click like Zerodha because they never cared about small clients anyways.

1 Like

@siva @ShubhS9

Has there been a policy change in not allowing BN options (long side) to converted from MIS to NRML?

1 Like

Yeah, for banknifty long options, sent kite push.

Is this short term (i.e for a few hours, is this expected to change before EOD?), or few days or expected to be there for the near future?

1 Like

Trying out few things, will stay for today, need to check how it goes in coming days.

One more question, hopefully the last one.
Does it matter if you have short position with it (i.e net neutral or net short)? or is it simple blanket block on all long side BN options (without checking other positions)?

Blanket block.

Hi,

Noticed that the ban has been implement on Nifty buy options as well.
How was the result of the ban. Did it help the OI issue?
Is this something that will continue or will it be revered in the next few days?

Can check this.
Crux of that article is one can’t convert long options on index anymore and on mis one can trade mush far ranges.

1 Like

Thanks Zerodha for this option. I was able to place by order at far OTM and Create short straddle in BANKNIFTY. As I am comfortable in intraday, it is really helpful. With 2 Lakh, i was able to take 3 sets.

1 Like

@siva
So does that mean that we can do the following now:
If we have one short option in monthly and one long option in weekly as hedge, then on weekly expiry, can we convert this long option from NRML to MIS and then we buy the option for next week in NRML and square off the converted MIS option ?

2 Likes

Not as of now as we match shorts and longs for underlying irrespective of product type but will do something about this in coming days.

1 Like

Any update on this Siva? This has been a main pain point for me and other big accounts at zerodha which has a simple solution of allowing MIS->NRML conversion for the quantity one is net short. Do keep us updated. @siva @nithin

Hi @unofficed

Are you using IIFL API?

I was checking IIFL API Docs in their website.

There is no option to get OI details for option strikes? Is there a way?

Using Fyers for 3 months now.
No issue of margin. I have pledged direct equity MF and receiving the margin post hair cut as laid out by exchange. No cash component required.
In case you breach your margin limit, you will receive a call from the support.
No issue of buying options so far. You can buy options without short positions. Did not face any issue with restriction of strike price.
They have integrated option chain from charts and you can place buy/sell order directly without leaving the page.
Basket orders are enabled.
Price alerts are enabled, but Zerodha sentinel is much better.
Another good thing is they have tied up optionsdesk where the option chain is much better. https://fyers.in/introducing-options-desk/ This is free till 30-09-2021.
Adjusting pending order price is easier via the price ladder or charts.

In the last 3 months, there was only one glitch where the web and app login was an issue. I was able to trade from FyersOne. The web and app login was fixed in 2 hrs.

Running more than 10K automated accounts spanning 12 brokers. Fyers definitely has a margin problem.

The net margin of taking the trade is correct but it will ask more margin while taking trade (kind of what Zerodha does but Alice, Upsucks and others don’t.)

Tip - Forget everything and try ICICIB. They have copied Zerodha’s UI in mobile without using too much brain and kept prices same with Zerodha. That’s killer.

There is way. Web API but that updates a retard amount of time i.e. 5-10 minutes later. You will see the battlefield after the war is over.

Currently having 10L in Fyers and have never faced any margin issue.
IronFly margin per lot is around 50K (+/- 5K based on volatility).

Cons of ICICI Neo
Neo does not have the benefit of 3in 1 account.
Margin Collateral interest is approx. 9%. With 8L of my MF pledge, it will be extra 72K per year.
No direct MF avl.
Equity delivery charges is still the same as earlier. Not an equity trader, but invest sometimes in IPO.
No brokerage refund in case of winning 30 days challenge.

2 Likes