Can Authorized Person become Investment Advisor?

If a person associates with a broker and becomes Authorized Person, can that person also become Investment Advisor and start an advisory business? Is this allowed?

If this is not allowed, can that individual open a company or LLP and register for Investment Advisor as either company or LLP, is this allowed?

1 Like