Can i trade the s&p emini futures from india without funding from ind?

Just tell how you do it please.

So if I go to US for a couple of months and work there make some money, I can use it to trade. Am I correct? Or do I have to wait for a year to get NRI status?

But it would be safe if you do like what I mentioned because why should a friend wire you money

What if I become NRI. Can I earn come back and continue?? What if I used the money to start a trading firm? Can I continue if I come back to india?

There need not be any reason as to why a friend is sending you regular monthly payments. You’d be taxed twice though. Once by the country your friend is resident of and then by our own(gift tax)

1 Like

If you’re willing to go to such lengths, why not enlist HFT to get the job done. It’s only 8 lacs and you don’t have to rack your brains

But he is not telling what the process is. Also, I am not very comfortable revealing my identity on an online forum :expressionless: So I really cannot connect with him personally.

So if I operate his account do I need advisory license or will it attract any legal problems? because somebody said still it will be counted as I’m investing in foreign is that true?when I’m not sending any money but only receiving

You would obviously have to meet up with him otherwise how’s it possible. Many have enquired about the process but it seems he wants to ensure he gets compensated, which is fair i suppose… don’t reveal ur identity on the forum…pm him

No you don’t need anything because no one will know you are the one that’s actually placing trades. As long as you aren’t pooling funds from several people etc, there’s no issues. Better to show it as income from software consulting services etc

Thanks for the reply Vivek ji but do we need to show that software consulting?where do you need to mention as we receive it as gift I think there will not be any question regarding that am I right?

Right there won’t be a question anyway but u could save on double taxation if it’s business income which unlike gift is subject to being taxed twice

1 Like

check your pm.

Anyways can a NRI retain his future trading account or company that does the future trading upon returning to india?

1 Like

Hi @HFT interested in knowing what the setup is of trading in the US is there a way to contact or you can contact me…thanks

I can help

Hi @HFT, Can you let me know how to trade derivatives in US from India?

Also, is it allowed to trade derivatives with the money earned as an employee in US/UK/Canada as we are not remitting any funds from India? I think this doesn’t fall under LRS.

Thanks,
Ragav

Hey HFT, I’m interested in doing a setup. Can you please get in touch with me?

I will wire my friend the deposit to his individual account from which he will open a futures account there with his own money, if I get the profit, he’ll wire me those CAD with his personal account as gift.
Under DTAA, gift is taxed once and I agreed to take care of the taxes generated through my profits?

Is this right way to go to avoid any legal attention?