Can mutual fund be used as collateral for derivative trading

Thanks Siva. I’ve just now received a call back. Hoping to get this sorted out today. Thanks mate…

Thank you all for clear explanation

Hello @siva

According to Download Ref No: NCL/CMPT/48032 dated Apr 20

Many additional index funds are allowed to be pledged. Could you please kindly update the same in zerodha list of pledges securities

1 Like

We update the list regularly, you can mention which funds we are missing, can give name and ISIN numbers.

ICICI Nifty index Fund - INF109K012M7
UTI Nifty Index Fund - INF789F01XA0

2 Likes

Along with these two @siva, please add ‘Motilal Oswal S & P 500 Index Fund Direct Growth - INF247L01AG2’ as well.

1 Like

If it is allowed by clearing corporation then likely we also will allow it, broker has no power to decide what to add.

Yup, had checked. It’s mentioned in the same circular: NCL/CMPT/48032 dated Apr 20

It appears they have removed the Motilal Oswal fund from the new list:

https://www1.nseindia.com/content/circulars/CMPT48343.zip

though the UTI & ICICI ones are still there. @SIva, when can we expect these two to be added :

@VenuMadhav

2 Likes

The decision to add/remove is taken by the Clearing Corporations based on certain parameters. We wouldn’t be privy to that and cannot influence an ISIN being added.

These are already part of Clearing Corporations circular According to Ref No: NCL/CMPT/48032 dated Apr 20 but not updated in zerodha pledge list. what is the frequency zerodha updates the pledge list ?

1 Like

Will have it checked. Periodicity of update - 1 month.

Any update on this, @VenuMadhav?
These two have been on the Clearing Corporation’s list since last month (circular NCL/CMPT/48032 mentioned 3 times above), and been a week since we requested it to be added to the Zerodha pledge list, but still not there. Sorry but don’t understand the delay, unless I’m missing something here…

1 Like

@Nithin, why aren’t funds being added to Zerodha’s pledging list when they have been in Clearing Corporation’s list for so long? Okay maybe initially, it got missed or something, but why is it not happening even after repeated requests!? Thought they might get added to the June list but that came out today & it’s not the case.
Again, correct me if I’m wrong or missing something here. If not, please do explain why Zerodha’s not doing what it probably should be doing here…
Can check the last 7 comments for reference, starting from here:

You’ll be able to pledge before market close today.

2 Likes

Was able to pledge on console around 1:15 pm today (no option before that), but didn’t receive any sms/email to authorise the pledge. As of now, it’s still showing as pending, so maybe the link will come tomorrow, though normally you get it on the same day if done before 2 pm…

Update: Received the link at 7:13 pm and authorised the pledge. Will probably get the margin day after tomorrow though since Zerodha’s time limit is 7 pm…

1 Like

ZERODHA excellent sheet for June 2021 is showing mutual fund
SBI SMALL CAP FUND REGULAR GROWTH but it is not showing DIRECT PLAN. So if I buy sip of direct plan for sbi small cap from coin, then can it be useful for Collateral. Similarly sbi focused equity fund. Only regular is showing in excel sheet. What about direct plan. If I invest in sbi focused direct plan through coin, can I use it for collateral??

For both the schemes the Clearing Corporation has currently approved only Regular Plan’s. You’ll be able to pledge Direct Plans when they are approved for pledging. You can refer to this support article for more information.

Hi @ShubhS9

I have a follow up question. If someone has a SIP and they have pledged the units accumulated in that MF scheme say until Sep-30-2021.

Will Units accumulated in that scheme after September automatically get into the Pledged Pool and additional margin made available ?

Thanks,
Chetan

No, you will have to place new pledge request for any additional units you purchase.