Can regular income be earned through scalping?

Always this is not about somebody making money in a method(scalping). This is about can you make it ? Using same strategy does not mean same result.

1 Like

Correct , develop your own strategy and trade with less quantities for several months , slowly increase quantities .

1 Like

Looking at the position size , we can’t term it as scalping …
Looks like he went full Monty in option buying on expiry day , which is a hero or zero game …

Last few months , expires are very volatile with huge moves and few buyers might have made huge money …
Still these are good trades if it’s real

1 Like

he keeps the target as soon as he place trades , example 160 entry , he books profit at 163.

Any idea about the quantity per order ?
For 1000 quantity ntm/otm strangle , slippages will be 0.5 to 1.5 points even on expiry day …

If he is scalping 2/3 points per trade and works then good . but there is a limit about how much can be scaled

Or he might be doing breakout option trades , like mkt is down and 27k put is trading at 80 points , place a buy order if it crosses 90 with tgt 93 and sl 87 …

2 Likes

He keeps limit order 2 rupees below actual LTP I guess.

you can see how he places order here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuwuai0XhCY

i am not sure whether option scalping like this will work for me …
probably i will give this strategy a shot , once i am done with all my other stuffs to try …

if someone wants to try this they can use bracket order … i think upstok provides nest which is faster

1 Like

I think it’s very hard to implement at least and since it’s so then don’t do that lately no matter how hard you want, are you not happy with anything else or something like that ? Please do get that no matter what. I am asking you to stop and get back to normal trades.

2 Likes

If you have a good strategy with good Reward to risk ratio, which works in lower time frames. Although, scalping can be stressful if the strategy requires continuous monitoring, because as market fluctuates the trader’s emotions will also fluctuate. Best to have the Entry, Stop Loss and target known, place bracket orders and walk away from the system. But then, it also depends on the temperament of the individual trader, some traders are ok with watching the scree and some are not.

-AlphaT

1 Like

@dheeraj @vishnux there is this cnbc fame justsiva123 scalper guy. Always profit 1L 2L that too casually after a movie watch sipping coke. I asked him about how many times his SL gets hit right and left and he blocked me

In scalping you need huge capital, so that your capital will be safe and in scalping you need a lot of knowledge and experience. In scalping risk is very high. it need very strict SL and Target and risk to rewards should be 1:2

1 Like

yeah, its a known fact that whenever anyone boasts about his insane profits and never talk about losses, he is trying to sell his trading classes (unfortunately many even falls for it).

1 Like