Can we sell a stock in BE series bought yesterday in EQ series?

Suppose we buy a stock today in EQ Series say INFY tommorow the same stock is being traded on BE series ‘INFY-BE’ would we be able to sell that stock?

A stock can only trade in one category at a time. Infy doesn’t trade in both EQ and BE, so to answer your question, you cannot buy in EQ and sell in BE. To understand more about stock categories check this post:

@Bhuvan Thanks for reply. “A stock can only trade in one category at a time” - I am confused. I have seen this couple of times. when you go to nse website and type in the stock name under [Series |…] you see multiple series sometimes. only exception in EQ and BE. it will be in either not both. because one allows intraday other dont.

anyways that is not my query. Lets forget INFY I just used that as an example. Let me rephrase the question.

Lets say I buy 100 shares of Stock X on NSE today. so if we go to the nse site today we will see the Series as EQ for that stock X.
Tommorow my target have been reached and I want to sell the share X. but tommorow its being traded in the BE series in NSE ‘X-BE’. so will we be able to sell the stock very next day under BTST if its in BE series?

Not Possible. You should have shares in your Demat to sell in BE series You Can sell on T+3 if you buy on Monday you can sell on Thursday.

2 Likes

thanks! @haribabu :relieved: