Can you share an overview of your trading strategy?

Thanks for your reply. Actually I use to try the similar kind of logical approach which fails mostly in my experience. Later on I moved on to technical analysis which can analyse every change in direction & reversal points. I wonder how is it possible using the Quantitative analysis & riskfactor. Please explain what does risk factor mean like is it beta, correlation, historical volatility or stoploss etc.? Please dont mind because until now im of the view we will fail mostly or even its impossible if we follow the logic or some random analysis to be successful mostly.

@vjlakshman
The patience of going along with the plan is very important. But, It will give profit for sure.
Trading is a loserā€™s game. we should win the game with very less loses and high profits by catching opportunity in markets, the above referred exit is a very strict stop-loss price and it is calculated by analyzing price action of particular stock by using various Technics. As the Stop-loss also trails so, it create more chances of winning and protects the position.

1 Like

Thanks Algo Geek, but still want to know what indicators and settings you use ??? if you have no problem then please share the indicators name and respective settingsā€¦

@Amit Das
i use indicators just to catches the trend, even any simple EMA crossover will do.,
Like i said, in technical analysis you can use any indicators, just needs to optimize,
But, to take the right trade, i will consider all other factors as i mentioned above, technical analysis is one of the part of decision making just to check the trend.
I prefer simple trading system with good organised risk management plan rather than complex.

2 Likes

I think you dont want to tell ,thats ok , anyway thanks a lot

As you metioned you will add more postions if itā€™s correct but if the trade becomes wrong the drawdown can be more-Pls clarify the view.

An example trade of yours will be helpful.

Intresting, you learnt this somewhere or its you own strategy?

Which trading platform you are using for analysis?

I learned basics at Online Trading Academy,Mumbai. Then formulated my own strategy from it.

Ravi, I use Trade Tiger for analysis!

1 Like

Please correct me if my understanding of your strategy is wrong-

1. If stock is in uptrend/downtrend with increase in volume for few days , then we can enter as soon as price cosses opening price.
  2. Avoid entering if price is near support or resistance.
    so for entering which candle should be watched- 15 min/30 min or after market order should be placed a day before?
1 Like
  1. RENKO?
    2, what time frame you use?

Hello Karan, Well explained article with clear instructionsā€¦ DAY Traders can use The Free FataFat Stock Screener to identify stocks breaking out of the Opening 1 hour range to implement this strategy as explained by Karan.

The perfect answer. If you are new to trading just read this daily. Thanks for a such a long post.

I am a new investor in stock market. Please tell me how to learn about options and charts. Please suggest any online portal and also mention the time frame in which I can learn the basics and start investing in options independently. Right now I only deal in equity shares and have made very small amount. Thanks

Hi, you talk like buddha :wink: Please tell me how to pick stocks for long term investment I am new in this field and right now I am only following the recommendations of Brokerage firms on moneycontrol but for long term this strategy is not working as they change their target every now and then. Moreover I think that the experts are just manipulating the market by their recommendations. Please tell me how to check stock fundamental for long term investment. Thanks

Hello Mr. Ankit,

First of all welcome to the Tribe and second of all i am no buddha, if i were been one i would have been a billionaire right now. To get to the point, i am a futures trader, i trade in currencies, options and commodities, anything related to the above i am more than wiling to help.

Regards,

Santosh Jain.

Hi
seems interestingā€¦
where do you get this screen

Share Example or any URL please.