Can you share an overview of your trading strategy?

if u r the real one u can start from 1 rs still make money why waste so much

Kindly illustrate with an example

First of all its an overview,you can twist it if you know theta, vix, and all. Basically its selling option which are outside bollinger extremes bands, 2 standard deviation. Aim is to avoid option which have higher chance of getting IN THE MONEY. On 13/6/2016 supertrend gives sell signal, so you can sell call option above upper bollinger band, i.e 8500 Jun call, It expires worthless today. you can also do credit spread by selling 8500 call and buying 8700 call. Thereā€™s so many tricks you can do with options.

2 Likes

Where to maintain SL if trading as per 3 mins chart and as per 15 mins chart?

SL can be placed exactly with the same points as for the Target. 4-5-8 accordingly.
but i will not suggest to put SL as small SL will get triggered Quickly coz Crude is so volatile. so better to Do average your trade below 10-15 points. as if we find Divergence then it has to move according to it. and we will exit in Profit for sure, and can minimize our unexpected loss which can be happen by SL ā€¦

after market its looks very ez but in realtime it sucks really

1 Like

@ TNT visit to the link mentioned above and you will know the Differenceā€¦
and yes if anyone who dnt know how to trade may feels like "itā€™s Suckingā€¦"
Happy Trading

ur 1st rule is makeup ur mind to loss 10,000 and 2nd rule u must remember to lose 10K lel

The mentioned research paper is here - https://www.wpi.edu/Pubs/E-project/Available/E-project-042910-142422/unrestricted/Veselin_Iliev_IQP.pdf

Thanks. I forgot to insert the link.

I also trade in this strategyā€¦

give your strategy like indicators etc etcā€¦ not your p/l ratio bossā€¦

How the signals are generated? - please elaborate. Otherwise merely positing a chart throws very little info

How did you get those White and Yellow stars, what are the parameters considered while coding this strategy? I think this is an Afl working on a Amibroker chart, if Iā€™m not wrong.

Yes, this strategy is coded in Amibroker.

Hi, thanks for sharing your strategy. At a glance it seems that you need a higher number of profitable trades vs. loss making ones to breakeven and make a further profit. Because your profit % is 10% while stop is 15-20%, youā€™re risking more on every trade than youā€™re making. What kind of results and over what period of time has this strategy been successful for you?

Thanks for looking in to My Strategy.
I am trading since last 1.5 years with this strategy, You are right risk is higher but luckily i was in profit due to good stock selection.
Also if i keep my stop loss less, lets say 8% or 10% there is high chance that it will hit the stop loss dues to fluctuations in market.
Also Some time if stock shows more than 10% profit with in a week i take some risk to hold it for 1 more week to get more return out of it, but that is depend on the market condition and related news with the specific stocks.
My strategy is also time bound so if certain stock is not able to give more returns in 1 month i can shift to another good one by selling current position and buying new one.
Last year i was able to make approx 25K of profit by using approx 1 lac for duration of 1 months trade.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question :slight_smile:

Hii,
First of all thank you for sharing the strategy. If you can elaborate of the below issues, it would be nice.

1. Once i had applied the dow theory concept the chart will look like the above. - How do you apply Dow theory? Do you use any software or website tore draw the chart (I am seeing investing.com and @wavehunter on the chart- what is that)? - please explain
  2. After few days of waiting i ll get my long setup based on fibonacci of the recent swing HH and HL.- please elaborate this further.? what level of Fibo retracement you look at? and the entry mechanism after the fibo level is hit - i mean whether you place a stop loss orderat a predetermined Fibo level to get in or some other technique?
    What is the success rate and average points earned through this strategy in Nifty?
    Thanks in advanceā€¦
    Abhijit
1 Like

According to me I just follow my grandfather advice, its simple just see the best products available in each segmentā€¦ people are crazy about jockey garments, royal Enfield bullet, ITC cigarettes etc there are always some stand apart character in each of the brand just buy the share of those companiesā€¦ in long term it will give you enormous returns. And also check if promoters have increased their stake in a business it is simple indication of good capital is building, profits are happening and owner know the books better and he knows the company is going to earn the best so he has just bought to make some good money out of itā€¦so go for itā€¦ simple straightforward strategyā€¦ Always try to find an opportunity like this, ā€œinvest when a bad news comes for good company and sell out when any good news for bad companyā€. Both will yield good returnsā€¦but risk is to be a factor to considerā€¦ these are the simple ways to make a good portfolioā€¦so just keep calm and enjoy life much instead of breaking head on making money just enjoy the lifeā€¦ Also a best tip would be to go for London trip now as the pound value decreased u can buy an item, airtravel, hotel expenses will become cheaperā€¦go for it and enjoy lifeā€¦

2 Likes