Can you share an overview of your trading strategy?

in 10% of time when you loose, how much % of profit is wiped out?
I heard that " option seller eats like hen and shit lik elephant" I hope this is not true in this case

In such case you can set stop loss based on your risk appetite.

First of All writing 8% or above Out of the money option from the current spot level means they must be trading at dirt cheap levels… But the margin required for writing highly OTM options is super high… so its like even if u r making money of it guaranteed 95%+ times… u r getting returns very slightly higher than that u can get by depositing in FDR… So y not FDR ??? :slight_smile: in FDR u can also eliminate the 5% chance of unlimited losses as that u may face in options writing even though rarely…

@Nithin: Screenshots of most of answers(including others) are unreadable.

Can we apply this code in zerodha pi, pls also mention programming basics you have learn to write the code

Congrats C.D.Moorthy , how to use it in Pi? if not then what is the purpose of this competition @nithin ??? if this strategy can not be implemented on pi then how it it useful for zerodha Clients ?? not everybody use Amibroker and know Algo Trading…Hope you understand my point!!!

1 Like

@Upasana - It is AFL… btw, I am not a professional programmer… I learned AFL on my own… As I have been in the market for the last 25 years… I know what I want and learning AFL is NOT difficult… Regards

Thanks Amit das… Keeping the codes open to all will defeat the purpose on which they were formulated…These codes were results of an effort to find an edge over others… if they are open to all, they they too become a commodity like any other indicator… Regards

Hi
to be frank… i dont understand above stratagy, All the charts are covered with lines completely. how did your calculated or ploted those lines/levels can u pls explain, so that i can make use of it in zerodha pi

@cdmoorthy and @nithin …this stategy can not be implemented on zerodha but still this Amibroker stategy win 10000 rs in zerodha blog, hope that someday any zerodha stateygy will win on Amibroker, anyway thanks promoting Amibroker, it is ceritified by nithin that amibroker is too good ,zerodha is not

2 Likes

Dont try to give winner award based on likes see the practicality in trading too. Not understand the strategy and where as nobody winning robotic trading based. Robotic trading looks good but no body earning practical. And moreover after completion of trend lot of charts appear as profitable but practically and in running nobody find entry and exit in the above charts…LOL…Based on his chart set up he dont tell now entry and exit that is the magic of charts. After completion of chart everybody draw good imaginary stories.

professional will get this strategy, still I prefer discretionary instead of algo.

I Agreed Brother @Chandra Sekhar…

the first one looks like ploynomial regression… ami users can try it on daily , weekly candles.

First of all thanks to zerodha for providing such a Lovely Trading platform for us Traders .

A Trading strategy is a fixed plan that is designed to achieve a Profitable return by going long or short in Markets .

So here are some reliable trading strategies used by me :-

Strategy #1 

I use this excel sheet which is basically a mixture of pivot point,Fibonacci and India vix .It gives the range of nifty for intraday. To use this method the open price of nifty and the india vix has to be entered around 9:15 AM

Links :- 

1) for india vix

http://www.moneycontrol.com/indian-indices/india-vix-36.html  

2) The Excel sheet 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1fbL4p9q3kCbzlaTl91eUgySDA/view?usp=sharing

In the above example image the table gives us the appropriate buying point or the shorting level for nifty

in this case if nifty crosses 8029.82 then we go long on the top gainer stock or if nifty cracks below 7970.18 we short the top loser stock . its better to exit the position if begins to retrieve from the possible reversible point .

One can also trade stocks or nifty futures itself by entering their respective open prices of the day.

Strategy # 2

Making use of the intraday RSI Dashboard

links :-

http://bse2nse.com/Dashboard/IntraDay-Futures/bse2nse.html               

(CREDIT TO THE WEBSITE OWNER FOR PROVIDING THIS)

The strategy is to choose any stock from top 5 if nifty is showing a positive trend and vice versa. 

(To determine the trend one can also make use of the excel sheet given in strategy #1 )

(note : the dashboard only shows the data after 30 minutes )

Thanks for Reading .

2 Likes

So you are passing BSE2nse’s tutorials as your own.

I just found the website very useful so shared it for the benefit of others , the entire credit goes to its respective owner

Mr. Ayush – How did you got the 1SD range of Nifty futures ?

how do you decide the Unreachable Strike Price ?

can you please explain it with some example.