Can Zerodha Increase maximum 100k quantity limit per order for low price stocks?

How do you place this stop loss, can you provide some additional info?

Like this. 7100x2900 is more than 2 crore. But 7100 x 2815.25 (last traded price) is less than 2 crore. So zerodha allows me to place the below order to exchange.

1 Like

This is also blocked. Trigger price is taken into account for SLM validation. Did you attempt MIS (intraday) product type?

I am sorry. I wrote wrong value.

Try 7000 quantity with 3000 stop loss. 7000*3000 = 2.1crore more than 2 crores.

Also, In case you reduce the limit for stop loss order somehow, please please inform me here before making the change. I place orders using API, and I don’t want my stop loss order to get rejected.

So my question is, will the above stop loss order execute without any problem? Since its value will be more than 2 crore. I hope it’s okay, since the current method of calculating maximum order value is simple and good. @Arockiya_Raja

yes.

Currently, only LTP and limit values are used in the computation; if the trigger price for the SLM order is taken into account, the order will be blocked immediately, as displayed in my previous response; trigger pending indicates that the order has been placed on the exchange.

I don’t understand the concepts of limits in a paid tier subscription.

Firstly almost every broker is providing APIs free of cost except for Zerodha, even the zero brokerage brokers. Fair usage policy should be applied to free tier usage.

But I and many others don’t have problem in giving charge, take 10 times more, but don’t limit the capabilities.

A user can place only 3000 orders per day through API. Above that, 10 orders/sec. Why do you have these limits in 2024 where 60% of trading is happening via algo trading? I know almost every broker is imposing this order limit, but with free tier it’s understandable.

It’s high time zerodha should introduce higher tier subscriptions for power users.

If someone knows API based trading with less restrictive limits please suggest.

I agree. I use 5 Zerodha API’s and pay 4,000 INR for each API (with historical data). So 20k monthly. I paid over 8 lakh as brokerage this financial year. I am happy to pay this, no problem.

It’s just that, I would be happier, If Zerodha increase such small limitations like 100k qty, 2 crore value, 10 orders/sec, 3000 orders etc. I am happy to pay 5x for a single API, if limits are increased by 5x. It’s just much cleaner and simple.

I don’t understand the 100k and 2 crore limit at all. Why is it even there? My trading account has 18 crore in it. Let me buy in a single order, so I can avoid slippage and get best possible price (Iceberg don’t solve this issue at all).

Note: I know sometimes we critize Zerodha, but it is still the best broker. So I am happy overall. I like Zerodha’s safe approach. Zerodha’s tech is still very good 99.98% times. But these small improvements are much needed from my perspective.

2 Likes

Hi, These are risk management measures in place. Asking @Arockiya_Raja also to add more context.

This is across our platforms, here is a support article on this for Kite.

When large orders are broken down into thousands of smaller trades, it can have an impact on the backend. We’re diligently working on allowing orders above 1 lakh qty for liquid securities and hope to have this ready soon.

We need to have certain limits in place to ensure the smooth functioning of the system. If a client requires an increase in the 3K order limit, client can reach us and we will review the request on a case-by-case basis.

1 Like

Why dont you simply increase limit (lets say 100000 * 10 times - multiple times ) by adding multiply option while placing order? It can be anywhere in line of QTY or just below QTY box?