Cdsl charges for using easiest

@Intraday_survivor : DP charges are only when shares are removed from your account so it has to be one time only.
Anyway i understood why it will be levied twice . since broker is asking advance delivery before sell ,he will not take advance delivery to his pool account /the account from where broker delivers to exchange clearing house . your broker will take your advance delivery in his own demat account and only after sell is executed he will transfer from his own to pool account. so DP charges of 2 transection , and in my view not taking UNSOLD /TO BE SOLD SHARES directly in broker pool account is justified . if your delivery based no of scrip is more ,this system may not work financially good for you.

1 Like

with which broker you have cdsl/nsdl facility and how you keep your dp in your hands?
want to follow the same method

Please find out the revolutionary way, SO, THAT THE QUESTION WHICH KEEPS COMING UP THAT, IS ZERODHA SAFE VANISHES.
CAN WE HAVE TWO DPS FOR SAME ACCOUNT?ONE WITH POA AND OTHER WITHOUT POA WITH CDSL EASIEST SO , THAT WE TRANSFER SHARES FROM NON POA DP TO POA DP ONE DAY PRIOR BEFORE SELLING SHARES.

I am really surprised when I read this response @nithin and your policy about easiest.
Is this pure business cunningness/shrewdness or I am missing something?

You said you don’t allow easiest because – client could potentially sell the stock on the exchange and use easiest to move the stock away to another demat.

It is simple if client wants to sell or pledge his shares he/she would simply transfer to broker (zerodha)'s account and next day he can sell…he can not sell unless those shares are actually transferred from CDSL individual account to zerodha (so he can see under his holding) and when sell order is pending he/she should not be allowed to transfer it back to his cdsl account …why is it so difficult to implement this way instead flat out say …oh we don’t use this.

There are online brokers out there who have no problems their clients using easiest to transfer those shares before they can sell or pledge …and whenever clients wants them back …broker has no problem transferring it back to his/her individual CDSL demat account. it takes less than 24 hours. It works during weekend as well.

I don’t know why I have a feeling that this pure shrewdness of Zerodha or any other broker who is refusing to offer CDSL easiest facility because basically they want to have permanent control over client’s holding. (But they can not say that in public forum straight forward so they have to come up with an explanation like politicians) so gullible people will accept the influential/cunning people’s explanation.

If I am wrong in my perception/understanding please educate me with a direct truthful information instead another political/cunning explanation.

Who knows what broker does or can do with client’s holding behind the scene. We only know in cases like Karvy when it comes to surface. But it could be just tip of iceberg. Who knew what was going on with Yes bank OR DHFL behind the scene until whole scam came out ? …all those companies were considered ‘DIAMONDS’. If concerned authorities were competent enough scams like DHFL or Yesbank would not happen correct? so its better safe than sorry. I would insist to have my holdings in CDSL easiest instead broker’s control.

3 Likes

@nithin Does this post still stands valid after the new sebi rules and using tpin for selling the shares?

Easiest allows you to transfer shares from your demat to any other demat. The new e-DIS with TPIN allows the transfer only between your demat and broker demat when you sell the shares.

Hello @nithin I wanted to know if i apply for cdsl easiest will my POA be revoked by your end or do i need to send hard copy of poa revokation(i have submitted physical POA) for my easiest registration to be successful. My top priority is to activate cdsl easiest.

Your POA will not be revoked. You can now use Easiest without POA being revoked.

thanks mate. Do u have any idea if i need to courier forms to cdsl if i want to use esiest for trusted accounts ?

No idea about this. If there is any need of documents CDSL should notify you.

1 Like

previously in one post you mentioned that zerodha doesn’t recommend cdsl easiest , is now everything sorted , can one use easiest without having any effect on trading experience.

This was recent change, you can now use Easiest.

Angel Broking still settles on T+7 days basis even if the shares are fully paid for. They are not following SEBI rules it seems.