Change in stock price post maket hours

Why does the stock price change post 3:30 PM?

In the pic you can see that the price has been increased between 3:40PM and 4PM

Hello,

The stock price does not change post 3.30pm.

The last tick on the chart of a stock is its Last Traded Price(LTP). This is the price at which the last trade of the day took place in that counter.

The closing price of the stock is the weighted average of the last 30 minutes of trading. The LTP of the day and the Closing Price of the stock are never usually the same. The increase in price you see in the graph is the Closing Price.

Also, there is a Post-Close market session between 3.40pm and 4pm where only CNC orders can be placed at Market price. All these CNC orders will be traded at LTP.

I do not know about post market trading session

Can you give more details on this, who trade in this time and what is the objective of this session?

@haribabu,

As mentioned, the Post-Close market session is between 3.40pm and 4pm where only CNC orders can be placed at Market price. All these CNC orders will be traded at LTP.

Retail traders can participate in the Post-Close session. During this session, those who’ve Holdings can place a Sell Market order to sell out the Holdings at LTP. Those who’ve sold their Holdings during the trading day can also place a Buy order to buy these holdings back in this session. New Buy orders can also be placed to buy stocks for delivery.

Hi BharatW

why this trading session and what is the real purpose of it ?

@haribabu,

Those who want to sell their Holdings or those who want to buy shares for delivery can participate in the Post-Close market session.

Hello sir i just want to know one thing is that between market hours of two consecutive days how there is a change in the stock price.for example i placed a amo around 5 pm of a stock say at a price of 100 and during 11 pm sometimes its shows 2% down or 1% up.and what will happen if i continue with this limit order of rs 100