Changes in margin requirements from 1st Sep, 2020

@nithin

Couple of feedbacks … Give a thought and let me know your/team feedback.

1. Intraday margin that is blocked for T+2. Can we have a mechanism or place where as a user we can see the carry amount along with date to be adjusted. This would be helpful to plan. Something like a intraday carry log may suffice.

2. This is a seperate feedback. Sorry but since you may have a glance here so framing it here. A dark theme is highly desired on kite web. Too much strain on eyes pl.

Thanks much.

Hi,

I trade in equity intraday.

Till yesterday, Zerodha gave 10x, 5x and 4x margins on Wipro, Cholafin and IBULHSNGFIN.

How will this change and what will be the timeline?

Eventually, leverage for all stocks will gradually decrease to 5x, is that it? and from Dec’21, all stocks will continue to have a maximum leverage of 5x?

Yeah, will take sometime though.

Will do some changes this week or next.

This should be out in a week.

1 Like

@siva i am finding peak margin little confusing , say if i sell holdings worth 1 lakh and take 1 lot of nifty futures , then square it off eod or any other position or overall margin blocked reduces and buy back the holdings . will there be any change in the above process.

No changes, also peak margins are from dec 1st, ignore it till that time, who knows we may get few more changes to it.

1 Like

If pledged shares are within my demat, then I should be able to see my holdings in kite but I can’t. Is there anything I am missing here?

Hello,

How does this new arrangement effect the scheme of things with Liquidbees. Can i still keep cash in liquid bees and sell it and buy shares the same day and viceversa, as before?

Pledged will be shown only on console for now, will try to show them on kite also in comings days.

1 Like

Yes, you can continue to do the same.

1 Like

We are currently not showing pledged shares on Kite as they need to be unpledged before they are sold or else you will have credit from selling pledged shares and the collateral margin. We will soon have a solution for this where we debit collateral margin before unpledging and allow you to sell, all instantly.

2 Likes

Yes, nothing changes.

1 Like

Hi Nithin Sir,
I need to congratulate Zerodha for allowing Selling shares held in Demat and BTST shares without any margin requirements by adopting EPI T Day.

One querry Sir - Can we sell shares held in demat in the morning and buy them again same day as BTST is Allowed ?

Sir,
Do we need to submit POA for account opening from now

Yes, you can.

No not required. We have had the e-DIS process from Jan this year.

As mentioned In the post we can’t use the intraday profits till t+2, what about if we sell the stocks from holdings after t+2 days can we use the profits on same day. And if we do btst we can use 100% proceeds to buy stocks and only 60% to f&o what about 40% blocked margins when will it be released.

1. When you sell holdings, you can use the entire proceeds on the same day (including the profits from when you held the stock).
  2. 40% will get unblocked by next trading day.
1 Like

i read your post but cant undertand the logic behind 60% and 40%. would you share it here.

1 Like