Changes in margin requirements from 1st Sep, 2020

एक छोटा trader कैसे handle करेगा।

on the below link ; you have mentioned : Note : If your order gets rejected due to insufficient funds, the order will be placed again automatically the next trading day.

https://support.zerodha.com/category/mutual-funds/buying-and-selling-through-coin/articles/why-did-my-order-get-rejected

if I don’t want this auto facility . what should i do ?

You can simply cancel the cancel pending order.

How is btst still possible when shares bought today only appear in my holdings on T plus 2 days

I have Few queries regarding Pledging.

1. Under new system , if I want to sell the pledged shares of which I am not using margin, Do I have to unpledge them first or I can directly sell them. If the answer to the above question is no, then how much time it will take to unlpedge the share before being able to sell the share )

2. In case of pledge request, how much time it will take to get margin in my account for trading. For E.g. I placed a pledge request at 15:00 Hours on Monday. From which Day I can start trading through Margins.

it means for fno its worse than equity segment

We collect 100% money upfront from you to buy stocks. When you buy today and sell tomorrow, we will report 20% margin for buying and 20% margin for selling from the 100% that we have debited. This way we can allow you to sell shares even without doing early payin, as we are reporting the 20% margin for selling.

1. Yeah, you have to unpledge first and it is a 1 day process. We are working on making this live.
  2. You need to do it before 4pm to get margins for the next day.
1 Like

Thanks for the resolution…:slight_smile:

Hi, as we would have margins blocked for shorting options,say we exit with a profit and the same margin which got cannot be utilized for entering another short. Can anyone give a clarification on this… because I was not able to enter a short from the margin let alone the profit received.

The margins released from squaring-off of existing Short Options position or Futures position can be used immediately to take fresh position, but profits made can be used only after settlement is done on T+1 day.

@Siva can you.

Margin released can be used again, if you are facing any issue then can you message me your ID?

Hi was able to enter… I was a wrong order I put… Thank you for the Immediate response

@nithin @siva @Bhuvan @
Sir, but before this new pledging rule, the pledge holding was also shown in Console & now it’s also shown Console, everything is looking same, So what’s the difference of this line “From now Pledged holding will show in cleints Holding”
I also gone through that CDSL link with OTP verification and it’s successful, and pledged is showing in Console as before,
So what I’m missing here…

Here you mentioned with example that if i sell 100 shares of reliance at 10 AM and if i decide to buy back the same at 11.00 AM then that would not be possible.

and here you are saying that buying back the same would be possible.

which one is correct sir ?

@nithin @siva

1 Like

These changes are from dec 1st, once peak margin start, not from sep 1st.

Hi Nithin

I Understand Zerodha Clients dont need margin to Trade.

Had a query Regarding 20% Upfront Margin as per the new SEBI Rules Regarding Other Brokers other Than Zerodha. I Truly understand it’s not applicable to zerodha But would like to know on other brokers prospective. For my Knowledge

Suppose
I Purchase Shares worth 20k Value of the Share is 2000 per share. 2000*10 = 20000
and i make a profit of 5000 on 20k Investment. i want to sell the shares i.e: Total Rs.25000.
Do i need to maintain margin Of 20% on the Total Value Including profits i.e: 25k or only the Invested Amount i’e: 20k/

If you are trading somewhere else, it is 20% of selling value or 20% of 25k

Thank you Nithin…!!