Circuit breaker rule on shares

what are the defined rules for revision in circuit breakers for NON f&o stocks …i understand the circuit get revised to 10 % if a share hit 2 consecutive days 20 % ,than to 5% if it hit circuit of 10 % for 5 consecutive says BUT when it get revised to 2 % from 5% ? i thought it is 22 consecutive days hit of 5% but Gitanjali gems has already hit more than 25 days !

I think its not so straight forward that 2 days 20% circuit means change of rule. You see Aditya Birla Money last week hit 20% 3 times then it got changed. I think they see appreciation of share price over previous period to decide. So since ABMONEY went down then went up 20% circuits, so it was allowed 3rd time 20% circuit. This is just an assumption if you have official document you can point me also I might be wrong.

As far as Gitanjali Gems is concerned, its very good its not changed to 2% circuit. Even existing investors will get frustrated with the slow fall, it is obvious it is going to zero or delisting.

1 Like

There is no which says if a stock hits a circuit for X days then the price band will be revised to X%. Check these links for more

Aditya birla money hit 20% consecutively for only 2 days on April 03 and April 04 and the circuit got revised to 10 % .it did not hit 20 % on 05 April…the rules on circuit filters on stocks are there at bse website …

you are right sir ji …Aditya birla money hit 3 consecutive circuit of 20 % before got revised to 10% on April 05.

in nifty sensex ; market halts for the rest entire day if breaks 20 % .
!
What is the circuit breaker limit rules for
inr~usd currency and crude oil commodity ?
@Bhuvan
@siva

Check this for crude.

For currency it is 3% and circuit will release another 3% after it hit and goes on.