ClosePrice Alert not working

I tried adding an alert on Sentinel for SBI but it did not work can you please explain what I am doing wrong ?

ClosePrice(‘NSE:SBIN’) > 270

I should get an alert when SBI day closes above 270

BR/Ankur

Hi @Ankur_Sinha,

Since its a simple alert based on LTP, you don’t have to use the operations. Refer this GIF for setting the same alert.

Set%20alert2

If I create an alert like this : ClosePrice(‘NSE:SBIN’) > 285
I should get an alert after the market closes if SBI price closes above 285 but I am not receiving this alert
Can someone help me ?

Ankur, when did you create this alert?

I created few days back but this is just an example i created for other stocks also none of them worked

SBIN has never closed above 285 since 13th. Let me know the triggers you had created and I can check.

yesterday i had setup this alert but no alert generated :(ClosePrice(‘NSE:BATAINDIA’)> 840)

You don’t have use brackets. Just create a simple alert to use this as an advanced alert
ClosePrice('NSE:BATAINDIA') > 840

I tried that also but it did not work that’s why I placed bracket on the outside :frowning_face:
Both did not work for me.

BTW, Bata didn’t close above 840.

It did close above 840 yesterday , pls see the pic

But if you had created an alert with the brackets, your alerts wouldn’t have triggered. Create them again and let me know if you still aren’t getting alerts.

I tried adding an alert on Sentinel for SBI but it did not work can you please explain what I am doing wrong ?

ClosePrice(‘NSE:SBIN’) > 270

I should get an alert when SBI day closes above 270 but no alert

SBI didn’t close above 270

1 Like

I am not looking for alert more than a number during the mkt open, i need the alert once the market closes, ClosePrice is the function for that kind of alert

I have just given an example from previous days when it closed above 270, can you please try this tommorrow , it doenot work for me even if SBI would have closed above 270 today

BTW Ankur, the close price function considers the previous day’s close price. So if you are creating an alert
ClosePrice('NSE:SBIN')> 270 then you will get an alert whenever the previous day’s close of SBIN is more than 270. We are also working on having a current close function.

what do you mean by previous day close price ? if the time now is 8 pm on 27th June , then previous close will be close price for 27th June or 26th June ?
How does it even make sense to put an alert for close of 26th June :slight_smile: why someone will setup that alert which has already passed away ? ideally it should be close for 27th June

Hi ankur look like you are still confused .
Can you repeat your question again please

Lets take an example :
Suppose on 29th June at 3 pm I have setup an alert:- ClosePrice(‘NSE:SBIN’) >258 and SBIN closed on 29th June at 259.35

Am I suppose to get an alert on 29th June after market close as SBIN closed above 258 ?

BR/Ankur