Cnc and mis trading limit in a day

How many times cnc and mis order can be placed in a day?And how many times one share can be ordered? Suppose I bought 100 shares of hdfc bank and sold it after booking profit on same day. Can I buy hdfc bank share again? How many times can I buy shares of hdfc bank again and again?

Boss there is no limit u can punch trade how much ever u want either ur keyboard should die or ur fingers should die :crazy_face: only then u can stop

1 Like

As per this support page, you will not be able to place more than 2000 NRML/MIS/CNC/AMO orders per day.

Also, there is a maximum quantity limit of 1,00,000 shares per order (Refer to this support page).

Other than that, there is also an Order value limit of 2 Crore (Check this support page)

According to the above rules, you should theoretically be able to place a single order of maximum 13,434 shares of HDFC Bank (at the closing price of Rs.1488.7, the order value would be 13,434 * 1,488.7 = 1,99,99,195.8) and repeat that order 2,000 times. Which would mean, you will theoretically be able to purchase a total of 2,68,68,000 shares ( 2,000 * 13,434 ) in a day at maximum.

Also, in genuine cases, the 2000 orders per/day limit can be relaxed further (Refer to this thread)

1 Like

why there is 2 crore limit per order?

These restrictions are part of our Risk Management policy (as mentioned in this support page)

The maximum quantity allowed per order is 100000 and the maximum value per order is ₹2 Crore as per Zerodha’s risk management policy.

Executing multiple orders using basket orders feature, you can overcome the above restriction

yes I read that but I want to know risk behind it if someone sell or buy 20,000 shares of reliance at 2500 in single order ( 5 crore value).

what is the risk in this for broker or investor or for market?

1 Like

If the order book is thin on the opposite side of your buy or sell, then that will cause a huge move quite easily in price as you will use up all the liquidity. This can trigger any number of events such as SL-L or SL-M orders kept in pre-determined prices etc thereby causing a more volatile move in a short span.

We can go on and on about such scenarios.

its not broker’s issue. what is the risk in this for broker?

if we want to buy 1 lakh shares at 210 INR. we won’t able to do this with single order.

I just want to know risk behind 2 crore limit per order.

Fat-fingering

1 Like

Risk is for everyone in the system.

if there is high selling risk they won’t allow us trade with basket order.

we have low and high circuit for that and now traders have to pay 20 % margin to trade.

1 Like

@Karthik @ShubhS9 @nithin can you tell me what is the risk in this for broker? just for general knowledge.