COIN Account Charges

Hi @faisr

what is this new charges. 295Rs for each MF fund i am holding. I could see new charges are coming frequently in Coin

Tradingqna is a moderated community. By signing up you agree to abide by these community guidelines. if you have views about a different platform you are free to voice them but that doesn’t mean you start sharing your referral or affiliate links.

@astuter

No company can survive for free. There must definitely be a catch to it. There has to be some revenue generating model which you are either not aware of or not sharing. Maybe you check with them again in case you are unaware of the same.

@Ram_Subramanian

These are charges for dematerialising any security ( shares, mutual funds or bonds) to your demat account as mentioned in our tariff sheet (in your demat application form which you have sent to us) and in this support portal link. Also, I guess my colleague has called and helped you with your query. If you have any further doubts then please communicate with him directly or on our support portal.

@astuter, In India there are hardly 500ish registered investment advisors. And ya, they don’t like paying them either. With every platform hawking, a robo advisory product the people consulting advisory will further go down. I know smart people who signup on Scripbox, Fundsindia use their Robo tool and buy those funds direct.

Secondly, the minimum ticket size for an AIF is over 1 Cr and for a PMS it’s 25 lakhs. So ya, this doesn’t hold water. Btw, who needs PMS for mutual funds, the fund already has a fund manager. So essentially this is some premium quality BS.

1 Like

@Umar, One who know where to invest can use this platform for FREE direct mutual fund buying. Rest, I don’t care.

@Umar - I agree with your points…PMS and AIF does not appeal to mutual fund investors (atleast the retail category)
@astuter - good luck with your investments … hope they are safe :slight_smile:

To NITHIN and TEAM Zerodha, Its totally wrong to DEBIT Rs 295 for each MF thata person is holding , you were / are projected zerodha as COMMISSION free platform…seems that it was / is Wrong

This 25000 limit is based on investment value or current NAV? So, if the mutual fund purchased few months ago for 24000 becomes 30000 based on today’s NAV, then also we will NOT be charged 50 rupees per month, right?

Investment value.

Thanks for confirming this.

@nithin Can this Q be answered? Is this charged by BSE StarMF? Is there any other platform that provides similar services as BSE StarMF without such charges? If so, then why BSE StarMF? Can Coin change to those providers?

There is no BSE Star MF charges.

What is the MF DP Charges xxxx STT No:xxxxxxxx under cost center Star MF shown in statement?
If its not BSE’s, then is this additional charge Zerodha is levying apart from Coin subscription charges?

Can this Q be answered? Who is the end beneficiary here? Zerodha? BSE? or CDSL?

DP charges are levied by the depository (CDSL).

1 Like

DP in industry parlance is Depository Participant only. That would mean Zerodha here.

Since you are clarifying its CDSL’s, Can you please talk to your compliance department & change the charges in statement as CDSL charges?

If Zerodha is charging, as I am guessing, then can you please guide me to the TnC of Coin or these charges details page?

Thanks

We’ve mentioned it here https://zerodha.com/charges.

There is no section for Mutual Fund / Coin’s charges. Please add that section.

BTW, I stumbled upon this, where another coin user is urging Zerodha to do the same

which refers to

So these DP charges are after all, Zerodha’s charges & its not being declared clearly everywhere.

We COLLECT the DP charge and pass it on to CDSL, we don’t charge anything over and above it. Not sure if you read it but that’s what the DP charges header on the charges page says.

You can keep asking us and the answer will remain the same. :slight_smile: There is no section for charges because there are no other charges. Even though MF units are held in demat mode, there is no brokerage charged, no transaction charges or other charges.