Comparision between pie and nse now

Anyone how have used both pie and nse now.
Please give the comparison between both in respect to feature,reability.
And i also want to know weather feature such as backtest,scanner and A.I. is available in nse now or not ?

Features such as backtest,scanner and A.I.is Zerodha’s innovation and only available with Pi.

Basic to its core, NOW (or its twin NEST) are simple order managing tools. Place, modify, view positions / holdings etc. You will get a Market Watch (with varied customizable columns) but no charts. To get charts (which are again very basic, don’t expect availability of all indicators) you would need NEST Plus plugin.

NEST Plus plugin can be added to both NOW and NEST.

NOW is a product developed by NSE. And NEST by OMNESYS.

Having said the disadvantages, there is one great advantage of using NOW or NEST. Being basic they are very light compared to Pi, thus, they don’t crash like the latter would occasionally during a session. Moreover, in NOW/NEST order execution is often fluid and fast.

Search on YouTube and will get the feel of it.

If you are thinking to trade seriously, then I would suggest get Amibroker and a reliable DataFeed for Technical Analysis and charting purposes. Then use NOW or NEST to manage your orders.

2 Likes

I concur with Dave’s views, as I am using NOW for the last 10 days. Order execution is fast than Pi or Kite. But limit updation takes time, which is one of the hardship I faced.

1 Like

Thanks for such detail review

what do you mean by “limit updation” ?

thanks,

I bought 100 shares of Mothersumi in MIS, as full amount not available; otherwise I go for CNC. Afterwards, I sold some other share the value of which is more than value of Mothersumi I bought. As yesterday. Mothersumi has not moved as per expected price, I try to convert Mothersumi to CNC. But system has rejected my request stating 'RMS limit exceeded.'
After a lapse of more than 15 minutes only, it accepted. This problem only I mean. In Pi, the updation took place immediately. In market, 15 minutes plus will change entire trading.
Otherwise, NOW is. Ok.

so it is … RMS limit updates … OK.

Thanks,