Confused, is there any DP charges for stocks sold on T+2 day

I know that DP charges only takes place when the stocks are debited from the demat account and stocks delivery happens on T+2 evening, so ideally the stock will be in demat on T+3 day?
And also what if I sell the stock on T+2(and is time a factor?, i.e.selling on T+2 afternoon/morning), will there be any DP charges?

Even if you sell the stock on T+2 Days, the stock will be delivered to the buyer on T+4(T+2 for the buyer).
So the stock still reaches your Account and DP Charge is levied

When you buy a stock on T day, the broker-level credit/debit is calculated on T+1 day, the settlement between buyer and seller takes place on T+2 day morning and credit/debit of shares takes place on T+2 day EOD. Now let’s consider both the below scenarios:

1. You buy stock on T day and sell on T+1 day.

For the shares you bought on T day, at the broker level on T+1 day, you must receive credit of shares so on T+2 day morning, you will receive shares from the seller but since you also sold these shares from your Demat on T+1 day, at the broker level on T+2 day, this debit will cancel the credit and the shares will directly be given to the seller on T+3 day. The shares never make it to your Demat account.

1. You buy stock on T day and sell on T+2 day

For the shares you bought on T day, at the broker level on T+1 day, you must receive credit of shares so on T+2 day morning, you will receive shares from the seller and since you did not sell these shares on T+1 day, the shares will be credited to your Demat at the end of T+2 day. Since you sold the shares on T+2 day only, the shares will be debited from your Demat and given to the seller on T+4 day. So DP charges apply in this case.

1 Like