Console tags (beta): Trading journal & tracking goals

Hi team,

Thanks for the much-awaited awesome feature.

I just have one concern: I am unable to tag for a particular breakdown. The tagging seems to only work for a stock as a whole, and not a script.

1 Like

I noticed a minor bug/issue. The placeholder for the newly-introduced Tags option in the Console holdings page is non-descriptive (opening the Tags option only shows the word Product ). This is only shown when the Holding report is loading or when the Holding report fails to load. Screenshots -

Holding-Placeholder

1 Like

@pulkitpahwa

There are no issues tagging individual trade within break down.

1 Like

@Prayag Holdings report is loading fine at our end, if the issue still persists request you to try again after clearing your browser cache.

Once the page is loaded completely, the dropdown will display tags for products and also all custom tags added.

2 Likes

@rj07

We are working on scrip-wise charges for historic trades meanwhile you can refer the consolidated charges under p&l reports.

2 Likes

@nithin
change is good! :+1:
Since you have already mentioned it’s in beta currently, I found a bug already. Tagging has glitches. I tagged my SGBs with a tag Gold but 2 of them didn’t get tagged. I retried, it showed ‘tagging’ (for a long time. made me wait for long.) but when I visited after a while there is no tag on it. Can you please ask the tech team to look under the hood and resolve this?

update:
I tagged the liquidbees as ‘exit’ since i need to get rid of the fractional units. it is not being tagged but ‘filter by tags’ is showing exit as an option. but when i select exit, there is nothing to show. so clearly, tagging has bugs tagged along which needs attention.

update 2:

I am seeing below issues while tagging.

1. After selecting the pre-defined tag filter (Product) smallcase , none of my smallcase stocks shows up in results
  2. Not able to tag some of the stocks/MF which already have some kind of pre-defined tag on them (can be seen when u click the breakdown option).
    Ex:
    SGB - IPO
    LIQUIDBEES - DIVIDEND
    RELIANCEPP-E1 - RIGHTISSUE
    Some MFS having DISCREPANT

Yes, once the page is loaded completely, the tag dropdown shows the correct data. I was mainly sharing what happens when the report is still building. If we open the Tags dropdown during that period, then the placeholder data shows Product which is non-descriptive in nature. Maybe leaving it blank until the report loads like the Sectors subsection in the Filter dropdown might be an option -

This is a trivial thing, nothing critical so can be ignored

Thanks !! I have been asking for such a feature for separating out my long term and short term investments, but not sure if tagging will help. Eg.If I own 20k shares for Yes Bank, and I want to keep 10k for ST and 10k for LT, I don’t think this is possible unless the transactions are broken in the holdings itself. Is there is a way to do this?

Second query: Suppose there were broken transactions and I was able to tag these as LT and ST, when I sell a particular qty, how do I ensure that the tags from ST are only sold?

Issue with Reports in new console: With the new console, my reports are not getting downloaded. Do I need to clear cookies, or any other action needed? I have raised a ticket, but no satisfactory response, just customary ask for error snapshot (there is no error!).

1 Like

Reference: Ability to create different portfolios in Kite

1 Like

Can we see these tags in Kite holding page as well? This will be more user friendly to see all my long & short tem holdings in Kite page itself instead going to console and checking all.

1 Like

We have checked this from our end, and the tags are being added correctly. Also, after adding tags, you can head to the custom filters and apply the respective tag to view holdings under that tag.

We show ageing of the holdings in Console, explained here.

This is not possible. The P&L is calculated based on the standard FIFO method only. Explained here.

If you’re still facing this issue, please DM your ticket number, so we can have this checked.

I am still facing issues. Tag gets added but not visible. When i filter by tag, it doesn’t show anything. When I edit and add tags again it shows tags modified. But again doesn’t show when filter is applied nor the tag is shown under the script name. If you are from the development team, I have raised a ticket# 20210202410967. I have shared screenshots there.

We’re checking these issues.

Please create a ticket here, so the concerned team can check this.

You’ll have an update on the ticket.

1 Like

Hi @TheGouda, I dont have a support ticket, but I am also seeing more or less the same issues as @rupeshmandal mentioned .In addition to that ,console reports randomly says that there are no stock holding in my Demat to generate a report, though in reality I have.

@nithin
Any view on this ?

1 Like

Yes, in our list of things to do.

2 Likes

@siva @nithin - Is it possible to add similar kind of tag feature in Positions page. Currently we have the default tags like NRML, MIS, DAY, OVERNIGHT etc., But if we can have tags like Nifty, BankNifty or any stocks that we traded that day, that would be much helpful.