Could Zerodha or any broker steal our trading strategy?

what assurance could we get that Zerodha or any broker won’t steal your trading strategy and trade it or sell it to someone else?

They have access to our trading history and order book , so they know exactly where our entries and stop loss orders are.

I have been using Zerodha for a couple of years now and have nothing but good to say about it

but till now i have been following more of a discretionary method so there was no issue but recently I have shifted on to algos.
and given access to one’s trading history it will be easy to identify the algo parameters.

Would be extremely grateful for insights on this matter,
Thank you.

I have answered this before, check this thread and all my answers

Btw, it is impossible to figure what anyone’s strategy is from just trade history. There are infinite number of permutation and combinations possible that can lead to a trade.

4 Likes

@Karan23, @nithin, if someone is interested in stealing strategy, you shouldn’t worry.there are DAMANI,JHUNJHUNWALA, and many more to clone,who are extremely successful with publicly available portfolios.
:yum::yum::yum:

I think it shouldn’t be a problem even if the trading portfolio and whole strategy are publicly avaliable anyway. I have seen that many many times in Zulutrade, morever people there even seems to ask to trade for them or something like that anyway.