Couple of times my trades are executed but prices are not captured in charts. Why is that?

The OHLC range is supposed to summarize all the trading action for the day, if you chart is not reflecting that then I suppose the data is not clean.

1 Like

As of now, the charts provided by Indian brokers have minimum time frame of 1 minute. That means charts/ candlesticks wouldn’t really reflect the price action which happens in milli seconds.Hope this clarifies your query.

1 Like

This though not common is a problem with almost any system. Not every tick is able to be captured by your graphing or trading system (including ODIN or NEST). There are a few ticks that occasionally get missed and that’s why you can’t see the trade.

Other than that for somebody who needed an example, there was a blip on the NIFTY less than a month ago. No TV channel covered it or it was shown, but the exchange shows the day low trade for the Nifty Future around 5960. I may have to go back and look what date it was (someday in March) but almost all graphing software threw the Nifty graph out the window - and it was definitely looking weird. I really don’t know how these trades happen, but they definitely do and you are not alone.

1 Like

The data feed from NSE is a low frequency snapshot data, not tick by tick data. The snap shots are taken every second or 2/3 times within a second. This means some missing ticks in price spikes may occur rarely.

2 Likes

Even NSE charts also could not able to Capture the price.

That’s interesting. If you are comfortable, can you give a specific example?

I bought bank nifty future and placed stop loss for it ,surprisingly my stop loss got hit but price never went there, I checked with my broker and he confirmed the trade and also diverted me to NSE and even they confirmed trade is executed.
I use share khan Trade Tiger for charting, it also not captured and in NSE data also price is not showing.

Can you please specify the date of transaction, buy price and SL Price?

Hey man, Trade will happen in milli seconds or even in less time frame only, it will not take minutes to complete a trade.