Creative accounting and cheating by some brokers

I have found many. Maybe I have a nick of spotting things that others overlook. :pray:

1. Coin cut-off timing to sync with SEBI guidelines.
    Ticket No 20200921976293
    Last status: Zerodha team is correcting it since last 6 months. Zerodha team does not respond to the ticket anymore. Ticket is open.

2. ICICI US Bluechip Equity Mutual Fund realized profit wrongly showing as STCG Equity Profit in P&L.

ICICI US Bluechip Equity Fund is an international fund and is considered a Debt fund and redemption before 3 years is treated as STCG-Debt profit. But Console P&L shows it as STCG Equity which must have caused investors to file wrong tax returns.

Thanks to Kuvera Capital Gains Report for FY 19-20 where I spotted this tax liability error last year and reported it to Zerodha.

Ticket No. 20200505437383
Last status: They corrected the P&L only for me so I could file the correct tax return last year. The ticket is still open. Zerodha team does not respond to it. I asked the team have you informed the hundreds of Coin investors who have this fund in their portfolio and their P&L is still showing incorrect information, Zerodha team never bothered to reply. Ticket is still open. Itā€™s been a year.

@nithin please see if you can get these tickets resolved and close the tickets soon because I donā€™t know about Zerodha team, but I certainly donā€™t like to keep tabs open.

On a lighter note, is there a bounty for finding out such bugs? It could be my parallel source of income. :smiley:

1 Like

This was fixed back in December 2020 for all. You can please download the tax P&L statement from Console and verify it.

1 Like

Yes I also traded lot of broker zerodha is the honest broker I agree , @nithin thanks for building a good and honest brokerage house in India

Better late than never.

As a moral obligation, Zerodha should inform all coin investors who had invested in this fund and had redeemed it. There could be cases where the investors blindly believing the tax P&L statement already filed their income tax before December 2020 while the issue was rectified only in December. Those investors need to resubmit the correct ITR. So thatā€™s why Zerodha should inform such users. I have not received any email yet.

It canā€™t be Zebu as it is owned by his relative.

@nithin and more so @VenuMadhav, Ticket No 20200505437383
Shouldnā€™t Zerodha inform the clients who had this fund an email with an apology who may have filed wrong tax returns due to the mistake of Zerodha showing incorrect tax P&L which was fixed only in December 2020 while clients may have filed their ITR by then already? Donā€™t you think you have a moral obligation to inform clients you fixed a wrong and the clients having this fund, may have to correct and resubmit ITR?