Delivery basis part selling

SAY, I HAVE BUY 100 SHARES OF A CERTAIN STOCK OF 10 EACH.
ON DELIVERY BASIS. NOW MY QUESTIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:-

1. IF I SELL PARTLY TODAY AND REMAINING PART ON SOME OTHER DAY, WHAT WILL BE THE EFFECTIVE CHARGES COMPARE TO SELLING AS WHOLE?
  2. IF I SELL PART OF IT ON T+1 DAY, WILL THE REMAINING PART DELIVERED TO ME ON T+3 DAY?
    PLEASE HELP.
    @nithin

If you buy 15 shares today.
And sell 5 today
5 tomorrow
So for first 5 buy and 5 sell - intraday charges
For next day 5 sell - delivery charges (for both buy and sell)
5 shares will be delivered on t+2

NO NO! YOU GET ME, WRONG BROTHER! SUPPOSE, I BUY 15 TODAY AND SELL 5 NEXT DAY AND THE REST 10 IN SOME OTHER DAY, WHAT WILL BE THE EFFECTIVE CHARGES? @maddy_Des

You’ll have to pay the DP charges twice which is approx Rs.13.5

AND WHAT ABOUT OTHER CHARGES LIKE STT, TTC, SEBI?

Use the delivery equity calculator available here
https://zerodha.com/brokerage-calculator
Enter the buy price, sell price and quantity.
Whatever “Net profit” you see, minus Rs.13.5 from it.
That will be your actual NET PROFIT.
I hope it helped!
Happy Investing!

1 Like
  1. You can check brokerage calculator for charges. The only additional charge if you sell from demat on different days will be that there will be DP charge applicable for every different day you sell. DP charges is Rs 13 flat. In this example, you will pay 26 rs as DP charges.

2. No, even if you sell a part, the rest will come on T+2. There is no bearing of you selling a portion on when you receive the stock.

1 Like

All your trading taxes and charges are calculated on transaction value. So if you transact a lesser quantity, the charges will be lesser. The only additional charge you pay when you sell stocks from Demat on different days is the dp charge which is charged per stock debit per day.