DEMAT charges for SIP in COIN

Coin charges 50 Rs per month for the paltform. This is fine & clear to me. but what is the charges for DEMAT holding / buy/ sell of MF through my DEMAT? is it completely free and only annual subscription of DEMAT applies? can anybody clarify this point?

Hi @Samik_Pal,

The Demat account opened at Zerodha attracts an annual maintenance charge, i.e. at ₹300 per year and is charged at the end of the financial year. ( You can use this account to hold your shares as well)
Apart from this, the DP charges of ₹5.50 will be levied on redemption of mutual funds.

No demat charges while buying.
Cheers

This 5.50 Rs Demat charge is for any value of transaction or is there any limit. Just confirm please

The DP charges will RS 5.5 + 18% GST, per redemption order, irrespective of the quantity.

For Ex:

Scenario 1 - If you had invested in 1 scheme - you redeem all the units, you will be charged 5.5 + 18% GST

Scenario 2 - If you had invested in 1 scheme - and you redeem part of the units today & another part next week, you will be charged ₹ 5.5 + 18% GST on both dates of redemption

Scenario 3 - If you had invested in 2 schemes - and you redeem both the funds on the same day - you will be charged ₹ 11 + 18% GST

Hi,

Please clarify, what does 18% mean - is it 18% of NAV or the entire order?

Thanks

The GST of 18% is on the DP charge of Rs 5.5. It’s 5.5+18%.

1 Like

Thanks!