Dematerialization of Stocks

Physical transfer and later demating to same name demat :0.25% stamp duty on rs 20 lakh market value means rs 5000 plus speed post charges rs 40 plus demating charges rs 80 .

thanks.
I have 4 physical share certificates of different values and that two on my mom and dad with 2 each. So ill need to open 2 demat acc. ( 1 for mom and 1 for dad).
Total of all 4 certificates amount to approx 20 lacs

Still this would be advantages to open demat n then transfer from their demat to mine.

open demat accountS exactly as per the name on share certificate .

Ya that can do.
Which process would be economical since i need to open 2 account and has 4 physical share certificates.

most economical is to open 2 demat accounts for 2 pan no exactly as per name on share certificate and also 2 trading accounts with a broker and sell the shares and close accounts but for this you need cooperation from broker who will open the trading account for only one trade and close it.
other way as you are planning is after demating transfer the demated share of your father and mother to your demat through an off line DIS for which my dp charges are 0.04% of market value .

how much would be the demat account opening charges?

only rs 100 stamp paper agreement charges.

I found some old share certificates of my maternal grandfather and he has passed away so can I add those share to ky zerodha demat account.

Hi
I have a doubt. My father had some share of SBI in physical form with FV of Rs 10. The share was split and now its Rs1. But he didn’t get the physical form with FV of Rs1.

In this case, should I proceed by dematerializing with old form with FV of RS10 and will he lost the benefit of share split.

During the de-materialization process the RTA will pass on corporate action benefits like Bonus, Splits to you. You can check out the de-materialization process here.

Thanks, I have read that. But he never received it, maybe due to address issue or something else. I would like to know whether

1. I should contact SBI and get the new form and then dematerialize it
  2. Dematerialize it with the old form

You can reach out to the RTA for detailed information, you can find the details here.

1 Like

Thank you.