{Discussion} (1lakh ₹ ) which is good small cap, midcap or large cap for long term investment (2-3 year)

I am new to stock market.

I want to invest my 100000. For long term (approx 2,3 year)

I am considering fundamental analysis for this.

Roce >15%
Debt to equity <. 5
Return on asset >20%
Promoter holding >40
Eps should increase.
Roe>20
Opm>20
Current ratio >1

Is this good.

Or should i Check other parameters?

Now one problem is that should i consider small cap and midcap stock. (because they give high return)

Just some warnings, no idea on what will happen in future and don’t have answer to your question.

1. 2 -3 year is nowhere near long term. Markets can give depressed returns for longer than that. Long term is not a certain specific period, but it does mean being able to sit tight ( and perhaps buy more within reason and with self control) when shit hits the fan. And this is for indices, for stocks dont have easy answer - you will need an edge else buying more can be fatal. Imagine your funds being down 40-60% at the end of 3 years, must be able to accept that. Its unlikely but possible and happens maybe once or twice a decade.

2. People are almost always driven to chase what has been working recently and avoid what hasn’t. Small caps/ large caps/ growth / value / quality / no psu / psu / momentum / crypto / NFT / long term debt etc etc.
    Chasing what has worked extremely well recently often does not end well.

There seems to be increased adverts for hybrid funds these days, probably not a bad idea to be conservative in equity. But don’t blame me if they go up 100% next year.

Just few years back small caps were out of favor.

And now

1 Like

Thank you