Dividend cheque

Dear Sir I have received dividend cheque after expiry of cheque period.Dividend cheque of coal india. Now where to send the cheque to get it encashed,bank is not accepting it for payment. Kindly guide

1 Like

In such cases, you will have to co-ordinate with the Registrar & Transfer agent (R&T) of the company and return the check and ask them to revalidate and send you a new check for the same amount.

It’s best to opt for online/neft payments so as to avoid such inconveniences. You’ll have to get in touch with your DP to make changes to the way dividend is paid out.


In What scenario, The Dividend will be sent through a cheque?

I think if the shares are held in physcial form.

You need to get in touch with the concerned department of Coal India and let them know about the issue. They will guide you with the further steps about how to proceed. You would be required to return the expired cheque and get a fresh cheque issued.

Even the shares are held in Demat mode, Is there any reason why the dividend is sent through the cheque.
I have not changed the bank account details also, though the bank has a valid IFSC & MICR.