Do you advise to subscribe for Amybroker or someother for Intraday Trading? Is it worth it?

Currently, am just following news on ET & BS and do a lot of observation before taking position. But even then sometimes am incurring huge losses. Profits are comparatively low than losses. How to overcome this. Can you please advise me a methodology/strategy?

It would be very difficult for someone to just share a strategy. I would advice you to learn more about TA/FA etc and develop your one methodology to trade.

I am sure @Karthik means TA/FA as (Technical Analysis/Fundamental analysis).

I am also a wannabe Intraday Trader. Mainly I have planned to trade in NSE NIFY stocks (Those 226 securities which are also listed at FnO)

My strategy is filter NIFTY stocks, previous day Highest gainers/losers/volume based 50 traded, then filter 10 most positively trending on that particular day based on trend/news/events data, and then again filter 5 of them, do some TA/FA on them.

And then finally trade on maximum 2-3 stocks spreading your capital as per risk involved with each script.

Seniors here vouch for my above strategy and can suggest rectification pointers.

Though I have not started to trade yet, still researching. :)

Few of the points I have learnt from my research to become a skilled Intraday trader, and the Risk/Mistakes involved in intraday trading, few are listed below.

1. Ignoring the trend, and trading on your gut feeling.
2. Trading too many stocks, too many times at the same time.
3. Not planning your trade before hand, ie -no entry exit points decided in your head based on trend and available data, and instead let greed drive your trade.
4. Trying to milk too much on a single day/single trade.
5. Trying to bite more then you can chew. ie- taking too much leverage, un-proportional to your risk management ability.
6. Not accepting honestly and timely that you can not WIN ALL trades.
7. Instead of focusing on the winning "trade-in-hand", wandering in market/software to find stocks which can give you MORE profit.

These are few mistakes one can avoid and yes the TE/FE is important too.

Regards

RK

1 Like

Learn Simple and easy intraday strategies

go to http://www.learnintraday.com/

Day Trading is a risky and challenging pursuit: buying stocks and selling them again in the same day, making money off tiny fluctuations in the price of a stock over a few-hour period is not a easy job. Market makes moves in fraction of seconds and we need to act very fact to be successful at trading.

And we can act fast only when we have all the information about a stock, there are 100's of stocks out there for trading. How do we decide which one we should choose for the day to perform successful day trading?

Based on extensive quantitative research on Indian financial markets, an algorithm has been developed to provide better returns that could beat the human intelligence. 

Price movements of various Stock Futures will be monitored and the Algo picks the high probability trades and instantly triggers the trade alert to your email id.

Algo will mail you the trade alerts in fraction of seconds with the name of the stock, entry price, stop loss and Exit alerts. You could exit the stock once you achieve reasonable profits or you can exit the stock when you receive the Exit mail alert. Check out www.squareoff.in to get email alerts

2 Likes