Does company has to alert/notify investors about submission of 15G/H?

I hold few shares of Indian Railway Finance Corp (IRFC) and I would like to know how & when a shareholder should send a filled 15G form to company directing them not to deduct any TDS from the dividend (in case his/her income is below Tax Exemption Limit & div is 5000+)? Also what is ideal time (month of FY) in which I should submit this form to company? I have already wrote to RTA of IRFC requesting the email address to which these forms are to be submitted? But no reply from their side.
At previous declaration of dividend, I didn’t received any communication from company to submit 15G form to avoid deduction of TDS and dividend was credited after deduction of TDS. I think, company should at least inform their share holders about this so that they can submit their 15G/H forms if their Annual Income falls below Exempted Limit and can avoid hassle of ITR just for the sake of TDS deducted. L

Tata Power do alert investors by email to submit 15G/H. Is it not mandatory to alert investors and Tata only does this in good faith?

I get an email from the company once the dividend is declared asking me to submit the forms. Since I file returns, do not bother.

From which company? Have you received one from IRFC? I have received such emails from Tata Power in the past but never from IRFC…

I got from TCS, HCL for 2021. I tried to search my email, but deleted all of them. I dont own shares of IRFC

Edit: Just now got the email from SBI, such coincidence. If you want to see the email, send me your email Id I will send it to you. Its quite long

Ok. Thanks for reply…
I have already wrote an email to them but no reply yet…

Further, no TDS will be deducted from dividend payable to:

a) Individual Shareholders, if:

• the total dividend to be paid to Individual shareholder during F.Y. April 01, 2021 to March 31, 2022 does not exceed Rs. 5,000;
  • Their income is below the taxable limit and a declaration is received from the concerned shareholders in Form 15G (for persons up to age of 60 years) or in Form 15H (for persons above the age of 60 years) along with self-attested copy of PAN card.

Please visit https://einwardsbi.alankit.com to submit Form 15G / 15H / Tax Exemption Forms online.

The email had the address where it can be submitted.

They didn’t send an email but an announcement about it was made on the exchanges. Refer to this thread for more information -

1 Like

Thanks…