Does it makes sense to take personal loan to invest in equities?

And how is this money-back guarantee works? Couple of red flags

1. He/She claims to be NISM certified, but I couldn’t find his certificates anywhere.
  2. Why comments are turned off in all videos
  3. His website shows some location at Bangalore (just a random street), but doesn’t explicitly mention floor/building number.

Both of @prasathjp posts are promotional. Very suspicious. Self promotion. Probably a scalper… (of people)

2 Likes

Not a surety that all your assumptions will fall in place as you have mentioned. It’s best to invest with savings rather than loans. This reduces your stress that comes with investments and increases the chances of profits.

I think, it is a risk worth taking, I am not sure, why most people are against it. Even if you earn 10% return a year, you won’t make a lose, and 10% seems easy in Indian market on an average.

In worst cases like you Invest in 2008 market, you will make a lose, but thats the risk of doing business, and the risk involved here does not seem big to me. Thoughts?

It all boils down to the risk taking capacity of the individual. If you have the conviction, then this should be a profitable venture where you are using your fixed asset to generate liqudity and investing in a higher risk product. Do note that your return projections are based on historical data. No one has seen tomorrow.

The reason why most of the users are against is no one is sure of the future. This will make people to err on the side of caution and will advise to invest what you have in hand rather than take a loan and invest.

The point is do you want to risk your dwelling place (assuming this is the only house you have) to invest in stock market expecting it generate income as per your expectations. On the contrary, if you have an alternate source of income which can repay in 10 years the loan and interest, then why not, if you have the conviction.

1 Like