Don't show CNC sold order under position PL

I am new to Zerodha portal. I bought TCS shares at a price long back and today sold for profit at 2075. I also did some intraday transzvtion today

Now in positions screen TCS if crossed my sold price of 2075 is shown in as loss. This is creating confusion in overall p and l positions of open intraday trades.

When we sell from demat under CNC please show it under holding section realized profit from next day. Until then same day don’t add it under positions p and l

@bhavesh @nithin @siva

1 Like

A lot of clients sell their CNC positions and then try to time it and buy it back intraday. Hence it is shown in positions for that day. From next day it won’t.

No sir confusion comes when a vannila long term demat share is sold…here i have booked a profit let us say…now if that scrip rises further that is immaterial for investor…his station has come and target price profit booked…

Now such long term CNC is mixed with other intraday positions and total profit loss displayed…this gives wrong sense of fear or comfort amidst all intraday hurry burry

.that type of cnc sold shares can be shown in holding tab from next day

That’s wat Icicidirect does…( just to give example ) …when i pull a demat share and sell they don’t show it in positions …only a trade book and then next day portfolio and profit displays

We are talking end of day [quote=“ksksat, post:3, topic:46975”]
.that type of cnc sold shares can be shown in holding tab from next day

That’s wat Icicidirect does…( just to give example ) …when i pull a demat share and sell they don’t show it in positions …only a trade book and then next day portfolio and profit displays
[/quote]

This is an extremely popular feature at Zerodha. Since you are used to a way how ICICI works, it will take u one or two days to get used to the change. But in a few days, u would want it this way, to be able to track stock u have sold during the day, if there is an opportunity to buy it back before end of day…

1 Like

Sharekhan also shows same as Zerodha

OK nithin sir but in other way see this perspective

I have 3 intraday profit running scrips. Suddenly i see my long term demat share reaching my price target and i dispose. Later this long term denat rallies further…Now this transaction is simply merged and shown with other regular intraday…i see a loss suddenly in net p and l where there is not even a notional loss

Atleast if holding based sale is shown separately say under holding tracker it clearly segregates for trader to take reentry decision

No, they don’t get merged. CNC (delivery) and INtraday (MIS) positions show up separately on the positions window.

May be i am not a active trader and i could not appreciate u guys angle…

I think from investor angle

Sorry to eat ur time…

Today i had kcp sugar balrampur chinni intraday
Profit 181 booked
Next came
Tcs demat sale at 2075. Now few moments TCS made 2077. Now suddenly this loss of rs 2 per share x qty is included and my 181 profit is now 161 ( for eg) …after few min TCS came to 2070…now my 181 show 191.

Both are not correct…2 intraday based p and l got mixed with one demat based p and l

Investors usually rarely sell stocks, so they wont mind that

It’s okay man its not a big deal, you have to adjust to that

If all other brokers followed other manner, then yes you had a point

But 3rd largest broker Sharekhan also has exact same method of showing it