ETF SIP - Available?

Is there any way to automate weekly or monthly SIP to buy ETF in Zerodha? I know we can create price action triggers using Sentinel, but I am exploring an option to do normal automated SIP for ETF just as MF SIP?

You will be able to pretty soon, we’re working on this.

2 Likes

Any ETA?

This is an awesome feature. This will help us to do the ETF SIP ourselves instead of going through the FoF route.

It is likely on the verge of release as its support page has already gone live (Found this out from a tweet). The page also contains visuals of how it will look (It seems to work using the Baskets feature, likely allowing SIP on multiple ETFs/stocks/bonds together) -

Kite SIP

2 Likes

This is great but does is accept capital as a value? I mean in case of MF SIP, we say buy X units when weekly/monthly amount to be invested is Rs.1000/-

I created python script that send me sms with link to zerodha offsite order URL where I have set max capital for every security.

As per what has been seen in above GIF, capital allotment will get shrunk when market will fall as it will keep on buying X units all the time unless and until you change them.

1 Like

Yes, it would make lots of sense of we can specific the investment amount every period. Also if we could tweek that amount based on current price, it would be more useful.

1 Like

Capital amount based SIP option is given by Sharekhan