Everything you need to know about demerger of Reliance Industries Limited

We’ve already sent an email to the registered email ID and also a Kite notification for those holding Reliance F&O contracts.

1 Like

The shares of Reliance will not be unpledged. However, the pledge value will decrease due to the demerger on July 20, 2023 (ex-date/record date).

How much it will decrease?

I have reliance stocks pledged… how the demerger will impact it ?

@ShubhS9

1 Like

Answered here :point_down:

The company hasn’t released the cost of acquisition to determine it correctly. However, on 20 July 2023, the collateral margin will be reduced based on that day’s closing price.

1 Like

You can read about the how the demerger impacts Reliance and index reconstitution here

1 Like

Today 19 July 2023 is last date to buy RIL with , to be listed JFSL. …RIL WILL re-list on 20 June being in truncated form through a price discovery process similar to ipo listing.

1 Like

What if i sell on 20-07-2023, on record date,
will the shares debit from my demat a/c on the same day ?
am i eligible ?

Hi @Muniz.Reza, you will be eligible for corporate action benefits even if you sell shares on the ex-date. Explained here: Are shareholders eligible for corporate action benefits if the shares are sold on the ex-date?

1 Like

Any case of d-merger on EX date the already listed co get re-listed ( on 20 July 2023 Reliance ) through a price discovery process being in truncated form( without JFSL ) …this process is similar to ipo listing .
JFSL will list after few weeks depends on sebi relaxation .

@Bhuvan
Today I’m not able to buy Reliance share. Also there is discrepancy in buying and selling price.
Who to buy Reliance after Demerger?
And what are the new names of the scrips after the demerger?

Regular trading will resume for Reliance from 10 AM onwards due to the pre-open session held from 9 AM to 10 AM to discover the equilibrium price.

Jio Financial Services isn’t yet listed on the exchanges, it will list after allotment is done to the eligible shareholders and can take 30-45 days. You can learn more about demerger here: Everything you need to know about demerger of Reliance Industries Limited

1 Like

It is said that JFSL will be listed only for 3 days and then delist.
What does that mean?
What will be the impact on our JFSL shares ( received after demerger or bought on/after listing)?

JFLS will be listed as and when regulatory formalities are concluded mainly sebi relaxation …it will list and trade for ever , like any other normal share .

Once listed, it will not delist. Currently Jio Financial Services is part of all the indices that Reliance is part of, for example Nifty 50 at constant price (as it is not traded). Once it lists on he exchanges, it will be removed from those indices after 3 days. Please check out this post for more information:

What is the expected date when JFSL share will be credited in RIL shareholders demat acc?

Exact date is not available. It generally takes 30-45 days from the record date (July 20, 2023).

I bought RIL on 19th july and taken delivery.
Will i get Jio financial shares?

Yes, you will be eligible to get shares of Jio Financial Services.

1 Like

@ShubhS9, thanks for an excellent “article”.

Would you be kind enhance it to add a section on how the 31-Jan-2018 FMV value used for long term capital gains calcuation for those selling RELIANCE shares which were bought RELIANCE before that date will be changed? Sites like Fair Market Value of stocks on 31 Jan 2018 for LTCG still show the “old” (pre-demerger) value of ₹964.90. I assume that the same factor of 95.32% will be applied to the 31-Jan-2018 FMV value to produce ₹919.74 (95.32% of ₹964.90)? It would be most reassuring to me and others in a similar “grandfathering” situation to see it in your first post.

Thank you.

Russell