Everything You Need to Know About Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders IPO

Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders is launching it’s IPO, the state-owned company is expected to raise around Rs. 400 - 500 crores, which includes an Offer for Sale from the promoter, the Government of India.

About the Company

Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd. is India’s leading defense public sector undertaking shipyard under the Ministry of Defence, engaged in the construction and repair of warships and submarines for the MoD for use by the Indian Navy and other vessels for commercial clients. Mazagon dock was first constructed in 1774 as a small dry dock, which was incorporated as a public limited company in 1934, before being taken over by Govt. of India in 1960.

The shipyard builds warships and conventional submarines at its facilities in Mumbai and Nhava. Major customers for the shipyard include Indian Navy and Coast Guard.

For more information, you can refer to the IPO Prospectus filed by the company.

Indicative Timetable

Event Date
Issue Period 29th Sep 2020 - 01st Oct 2020
Price Range 135 - 145
Minimum Bid Quantity 103
Finalisation of Allotment 7th Oct 2020
Initiation of Refunds 8th Oct 2020
Credit of Shares 9th Oct 2020
Listing 12th Oct 2020
Mandate end date 18th Oct 2020

How do I apply for the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders IPO?

You can apply for the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders IPO on Console using any supported UPI app .

Once you have entered your bid on Console, you will receive a mandate collect request on your UPI app. On acceptance of the mandate, the bid amount will get blocked in your bank account. Read more.

1 Like

1-I am reading the DHRP of "Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders where I came across this

I highlighted the text which I am talking about.
Why would a company use third-party reports and claim they are not verified by our company, BRLM, selling shareholders?
shouldn’t the company have knowledge of all this?
2-what does this dot signify

Thank you😊
@ShubhS9

CRISIL is ratings, reasearch and analysis agency who do reasearch and analysis across all the fields and have plenty of information regarding specific sector or company and market in general.

To put it simply, if you can source all this information easily, will you waste your resources and time on the same?

The company’s don’t announce price of issue when they file DRHP, it is done latter, that is why the •.

Above you can see Price Range, if you multiply this by number of shares the company is offering you will get to know how much money the company expects to raise through the issue.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Any idea where we can see the subscription status i.e Over Subscribed/Under subscribed for this IPO?

Can check it on BSE website.

Thank u

Hi,
I applied for the IPO and got the UPI Mandate link. I used my UPI app and was approving the mandate, entered my UPI Pin to approve, then the app crashed. restarted the app, the request was gone from the Request Mandate section and it showed pending in the My Mandates section of the app. Funds still haven’t been blocked from my account, don’t have another link to approve or reject . What should I do?

THanks

You can delete the application you have made and make a new one.

1 Like

While applying for IPO through net banking, they ask DP name there and permit only 10 characters. i have demat with angel broking but i can’t enter the full name of DP as it exceeds 10 character so I write only Angel. Will application face any technical error due to such an issue?

If I apply through ASBA facility via net banking HDFC bank and have demat account with Angel, what is the further process if I am alloted the shares?

If only 10 characters are allowed you can enter Angel. There shouldn’t be any issues.

Still, you should give your broker a call and confirm with them once.

You don’t have to do anything else, if you are alloted the shares, these will be credited to Demat account you have mentioned and amount will be automatically debited from your bank account.

As you suggested that I should confirm with brokers for DP name as only 10 characters are allowed. But they themselves are not sure and it should be angel broking only. Can you help me to understand how important DP name is in application? What if I write angel and shares are alloted. Will it create issue bcoz angel broking entire name js not written?

You can write Angel, there won’t be any issue. Just enter your DP ID correctly.

I have aaplied through SBI ASBA, but BSE website showing upi pending, but my amount is already in LIEN amount…please let me know why it is showing like that

From my Zerodha console I placed duplicate bid applications (2 applications) for Mazgaon Dock as well UTI-AMC. I was supposed to apply for my father’s D-MAT account, but both bids were applied through my own Zerodha console! I realized much later when I saw email confirmation.
Now they will reject my original bids? Can I request the registrar through email to correct D-MAT account for the second (my father’s) bids?
Can I delete the duplicate bids now after IPO closing!
Amount is blocked for all 4 bids. Will the amount get refunded after cancellation?

No idea why it shows like this, maybe the platform is designed this way.

Alternatively, you can check your bid on NSE website and check how it is displayed there.

Multiple applications from same PAN aren’t allowed, your all bids will be rejected when RTA does finalisation of allotment.

Amount blocked for all bids will be released back in your bank account, the initiation of refunds will start from 8th October.

Until final allotment it will show as PENDING. Dont worry, I have seen this before and got allotted shares for previous IPO’s.