Everything you need to know about Piramal Pharma Limited rights issue

Piramal Pharma Limited. (PPLPHARMA) has announced a rights issue of 129,629,630 equity shares aggregating up to Rs. 1,050 crores. The rights issue opens for subscription on August 08, 2023 and closes on August 17, 2023.

Anyone who holds shares of Piramal Pharma Limited. as of August 02, 2023 (record date) will be eligible for receiving Rights Entitlements (REs). These REs will be temporarily traded on the stock exchanges and will then be extinguished. You can either use the REs to apply for the rights shares of the company or you can sell them in the market.

You can check the announcement from the company here.

You will be eligible for receiving Rights Entitlements (REs) if you’ve bought the shares on or before August 01, 2023. The ex-date is August 02, 2023.

Rights issue details

Issue Period August 08, 2023 - August 17, 2023
RE Trading Period August 08, 2023 - August 10, 2023
RE Symbol PLPHAR-RE-BE
Issue Price Rs. 81 per share
Ratio 5:46
EX-date August 02, 2023
Record Date August 02, 2023
Tentative Date of Allotment for rights shares August 23, 2023
Tentative Date of Credit of rights shares August 24, 2023
Tentative Date of Listing for rights shares August 24, 2023

How to apply for Piramal Pharma Limited Rights Issue?

Once you either receive the REs from the company or purchase them from the market, you can apply for the rights shares using the below methods;

You can check the application process here.

You will need to enter your Demat account’s Beneficiary Owner ID which is a 16-digit number while applying for the rights issue.

The option to apply for rights shares through the RTAs portal is not available for this rights issue.

What will happen to my purchased holding of RE shares if I do not apply for the rights issue?
Your REs will lapse and you will lose the premium paid to acquire them. The RE will be in the form of temporary demat securities which will lapse if not renounced/exercised once the trading window is closed.

I don’t have the shares but bought REs, am I still eligible to apply for the rights issue?
In case you have bought REs but don’t have shares, you’re still eligible for the rights issue. You may apply for the rights shares either through the RTA’s portal or via net banking ASBA if your bank allows it. If you don’t take any action, and let the REs remain in your Zerodha account, they will lapse after the issue.

You can read more FAQs on Rights Issue and Rights Entitlements here.

4 Likes

Closing Date has been extended by ONE day to 18th August. FYI
More information here

Thanks, Anil. I’ve made changes.

how can I buy PPL pharma rights issue shares on line since I am away from my home town?

You can apply for rights shares using Netbanking ASBA service provided by your bank. You can check the application process here: How do I apply for the rights issue of Piramal Enterprises? - #3 by Bhuvan

Can i apply for more shares than what i was entitled for . My bank is allowing to put any no of shares without any restruction

Yes you can apply the RTA can consider you for additional allotment depending upon the issue subscription. The amount you’ve paid is kept in an escrow account maintained by RTA and will be refunded if the allotment is not made.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the information.

Hi, I m holding Piramal pharma shares in my demat but I didn’t participate in rights issue, so my question is did I loose entire shares or its dilute the share Price… please any one amswe.

Hey @ramnadh_bheri

You should have received the appropriate entitlement shares (REs) into your demat account in case you are eligible, which can be used to apply for the rights issue or traded on the market. However, if the REs are neither sold nor utilized for the rights issue, they will eventually expire and become worthless.

To know more on RE’s you can check onto this link.

I purchsed online 210 Shares of PLPHAR-RE through kite on dated 8 Aug 2023. I did not get any right shares or my money back. Please look into the matter ans take action. Thanks and regards.

Rights Entitlements (REs) are temporarily traded securities. Once you buy the REs, you have to apply for rights issue to get the rights shares. The application process has to be completed within the application window (August 8, 2023 - August 17, 2023 for Piramal Pharma rights issue).

If you fail to apply for rights shares, the REs will lapse and you will lose entire amount paid to purchase them.