Everything You Need to Know About the Beardsell Limited Rights Issue

Beardsell Limited (BEARDSELL) will issue Rights Entitlements (REs) to anyone who holds its shares as of December 17, 2021 (record date). You will be eligible to receive Rights Entitlements (REs) if you have bought the shares on or before December 15, 2021. The ex-date is December 16, 2021.

These REs will be temporarily traded on the stock exchanges and will then be extinguished. You can either use the REs to apply for the rights shares of Beardsell Limited or you can sell them in the market. You can check the announcement from the company here.

Issue Details

Ex-date December 16, 2021
Record Date December 17, 2021
Ratio 1:3
Issue Price ₹ 10 per share
Issue Period December 31, 2021 to January 14, 2022
RE Trading Period December 31, 2021 to January 10, 2022
Tentative date of credit January 25, 2022
Tentative date of listing January 28, 2022

How to apply for the Beardsell Limited Rights Issue?

Once you either receive the REs from the company or purchase them from the market, you will need to apply for the rights shares using Netbanking ASBA. You can check the process in this post.

You can also apply for rights shares through the website of the Registrar and Transfer agent. The website might not be fully live until the issue opens for the subscription.

You will need to enter your demat account’s Beneficiary Owner ID which is a 16-digit number while applying either on the RTA’s website or through your bank.

What will happen to my purchased holding of RE shares if I do not apply for the rights issue?

Your REs will lapse and you will lose the premium paid to acquire them. The RE will be in the form of temporary demat securities which will lapse if not renounced/exercised once the trading window is closed.

I don’t have the shares but bought REs, am I still eligible to apply for the rights issue?

In case you have bought REs but don’t have shares, you’re still eligible for the rights issue. You may apply for the rights shares either through the RTA’s portal or via net banking ASBA if your bank allows it. If you don’t take any action, and let the REs remain in your Zerodha account, they will lapse after the issue.

You can read more FAQ’s on Rights Issue and Rights Entitlements here.

2 Likes

@ShubhS9 As per above article, yesterday 10th Jan was the last date of RE trading. But BEARD-RE script also traded today. Can you please check and confirm the correct last date of RE trading.

The last date for trading of Beardsell RE’s was yesterday only. Can check more details here.

I had applied for Beardsell Limited RE money is also got debited from my account when the share will get credited

The shares issued in the rights issue have been alloted and have also started trading on the exchanges from 28th January onwards.

If you’ve not received the allotment, would suggest you reach out to the RTA of the company. You can find the contact details here.