Everything You Need to Know About the Bharti Airtel Rights Issue

I have bought Airtel RE shares today, I am not an existing Airtel Shareholder.

Since I have bought them today I believe I would get the delivery of the RE shares only in 2 days.

Do I need to wait for delivery of RE shares before applying for the Rights issue? What would be the last date for applying the Rights Issue, i believe its 21st October for me as well ?

1 Like

The RTA will check the demat account for REs during allotment. However, it is asking the investors to declare whether they already have the REs or have purchased it. So you will have to wait until the REs are credited to your demat account.

I have following questions

1> I have 70 Bharti Airtel stocks so by 1:14 I got 5 AIRTEL-RE-BE so I am guaranteed for 5 shares if I apply through ASBA right ?
2> what would be effective cost for me for those 5 shares ?? I believe total (133.75 + 401.25) = 535 ?? as of now price of one stock is 686 while my acquisition cost would be 535. so am I getting those 5 shares at discount ??
3> As company is issuing more shares, it means its diluting the equity so is it possible Airtel stock might go back to 535 or something more than 535 and way less than 686 ?? stock price will try to find a equilibrium between current market price and Right issue stock price ?
4> if I apply for say 40 Stocks through ASBA and I have only 5 AIRTEL-RE-BE and if issue is undersubscribed then I should be able to get additional share apart from 5 guaranteed shares right ? say if I get 10 shares so for the remaining shares my acquisition cost would be same 535/per stock ??

Right.

Yes, you are getting rights shares at discount. Your total cost of accusation will be 135.75 + 401.25 (balance amount to be paid).

Yes, the issue of rights shares will have an impact on stock price but that would already get factored on ex-date. After that, the stock price of Airtel will behave according to the market sentiment.

Even if the issue is undersubscribed, the allotment for additional shares won’t be guaranteed, it will be done on a random basis. The acquisition cost will remain the same.

I have recieved 21 rights entitlement from company. Also I purchased 200 more Rights entitlement from market. On RTA site we have to choose option – shareholder or renouncee. Which should I choose. When I choose renoncee message pops that you are shareholder. In share holder option they only show 21 share. If I pay for 221 shares will the RTA check my demat for additional 200 shares which I purchased from market.

I suppose they will check the demat account even if you apply for all 221 as shareholder as explained here. @ShubhS9 Can you please confirm

You can apply under the shareholders category. The RTA is only showing the eligibility as on record date. They do not have systems in place to reconcile the records of purchased REs in real-time. You can apply for your purchased REs and the RTA will check whether you have the requisite number of REs when they are performing allotment.

So you can apply for all the 221 REs you hold and will receive guaranteed allotment.

https://www.bseindia.com/markets/MarketInfo/DispNewNoticesCirculars.aspx?page=20211029-36

Trading Members of the Exchange are hereby informed that effective from Tuesday, November 02, 2021, the new securities of BHARTI AIRTEL LTD (Scrip Code: 890157) shall be listed and permitted to trade on the Exchange in the list of ‘A’ Group of Securities.

1 Like

Hi SubhS9,

I have a question regarding Airtel rights.
After applying for right issue , I have allotment of RE shares in my demat account. During applying I have only paid ₹133.75 for the shares which I have applied. When will the remaining amount will be deducted? Should I do need anything from my end?

Thank you
SD

You will have to pay the remaining amount when the company makes a call. You will receive a notice from the company whenever the company decides to make the call.

Thank you.

Do you know the date for this?
Is the money will be automatically deducted from bank account? Or there will be notification where we need to pay the remaining balance?

Currently the allocated stocks is showing under my Demat account .

Thank you

No, the date is not yet known and you will get to know the date through a notice from the company as stated by Shubh above.

Nope you would have to make the payment following similar process as you did for making payment for these partially paid up shares.

And these PP shares are tradable instruments and you may even sell these in the market if you don’t want to hold on to them :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you.

Is anyone received any further communication for Airtel rights?

If I Missed to pay first call payment,.what to do
Right issue ?
I have purchased Right issue

Airtel hasn’t made first call yet.

Do you mean you didn’t apply for rights shares after purchasing RE’s? In that nothing can be done now as the issue period has closed. You will lose the entire amount paid to purchase the REs.

Is there any update for Airtel rights issue?
I didn’t receive any communication so far. Still holding the PP stocks …

Anyone has some information?

Thank you

Not yet. The company hasn’t yet made call for balance payment.

Any update on Bharti Airtel Right Issue, we have received the 1st lot, waiting for the second one.

I am seeing today PP instrument name got changed to AIRTELPP-E1. Can explain on these two questions.

The company has not made a call for the remaining payment. You’ll get a notification from the company’s RTA when they do.

AIRTELPP-E1 symbol is shown on NSE, while APRTELPP on BSE. As Kite holdings reflect the exchange price where the previous day’s closing was higher, you’ll be seeing this symbol. The closing on NSE was higher than BSE yesterday.

Is there any update on this issue? I have not received any further communication apart from the 1st call.

Also, now the symbol shows as AIRTELPP-AF and also LTP is N/A.

Can you please help @ShubhS9 .

1 Like