Everything you need to know about the merger of HDFC Ltd. with HDFC Bank

I still see HDFC shares on ICICIDirect. Havent received HDFC Bank shares yet :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Edit: Spoke to support. Had to update manually.
What a nice ā€œFull serviceā€ from ICICIDirect. Feel fully serviced :roll_eyes:

Hello @vivek7,

The ratio of shares allocation is 42 shares of HDFC Bank for 25 shares of HDFC Limited.

In your case, you will get 25.2 shares of HDFC bank against 15 shares of HDFC Limited and 16.8 shares against 10 shares.

In the example stated by you, when you sell 25 shares the cost of acquisition of 15 shares will apply here. The cost of acquisition will be ā‚¹1130.95 per share (ā‚¹1900*15 shares/25.2)

Hope this helps!

I dont use ICICI Direct actively. Account went dormant. Probably why I had to do stuff manually.

1 Like

Have you received the corresponding amount for the partial shares, either in your online brokerā€™s wallet or straight into the connected bank account?

I havenā€™t. Checked my account statement.

In normal circumstances it take about 45-60 days from record date and will hit direct to your bank account .

The credit of amount for fractional shares can take time, generally 30 - 45 days from the record date. Also, the amount will be credited directly to your primary bank account.

Today I am checking my bank account statement, I didnā€™t found HDFC partial share credit amount. Anyone got that?
You said it generally take 30-45 days. Today is 03rd OCT still havenā€™t received.

1 Like

The same concern for me as well I have not received the amount for the fractional portion of shares.

You can reach out to the RTA of the company, who can provide the timeline by which payment for fractional shares will be done. You can find the contact details here.

1 Like

It is nearly 90 days that the merger has taken place but the fractional share amount hasnā€™t been credited to my bank account . Any legal action that we can takeā€¦ Since I believe the deadline for such is 90 days.

you want to take legal action because your 1000 rs payout is delayed?? Seriously?
Anyways limit is 90 days from allotment of share, so wait for few more days before reaching out to lawyer.

1 Like

Lol. I was thinking of the exact same thing but then decided to not reply. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

That too against hdfc bank. This is what happens when you think everything in stock market is a scam.
Relax. It will come to your account.

1 Like