Everything You Need to Know About Vedanta Delisting

@DemonSlayer better sell only on thursday.

I once sold shares on ex date and did not get any dividend . My shares got debited same day and did not appear in company records

@ksksat @DemonSlayer
must get Dividend on your sale on EX dividend date . broker removes the shares from demat same day and keep in his pool account thus he get on your behalf .
Since this year there will be TDS and surely broker must be getting dividend on behalf of so many clients …he will credit in trading account TDS deducted but than HOW TO CLAIM the TDS in tax return ? WILL BROKER REFUND THE SAME TOO ?

This is not possible, when you sell shares on ex-date, the dividends you are eligible for will be credited to brokers pool account, after reconciliation is done these will be credited to your trading account balance.

1 Like

I think it is done by zerodha but not all brokers. I had this with idirect and multiple escalations went un vain.

Kahe tension dete ho bhai? Ek to eise hi profit ke lale pade hai…

Chance pe Chance! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@ShubhS9 Bro can you please help regarding this? Though I couldn’t claim the TDS in tax return but during computational purposes the entire amount should be used right? Also will this TDS deducted be visible in 26 AS or something in the ITR portal?

EDIT : Checked the ITR portal, few months back had received dividends over 35k after 10% TDS deduction, not yet updated, may be at the end of year perhaps…

@Quicko Can you,please.

@DemonSlayer @Shubh @Quicko @siva @cailajindal…this is the precise answer i am also looking for . when broker get dividend on my behalf duly TDS …how will he pass the TDS to me or make it reflect in my 26AS ? TDS deduction will appear in brokers 26 AS with ITR portal for him to claim !

You can refer to this support article, which covers the situation described.

Also, a similar topic has been discussed in the following thread.

Hey,

@aniln @DemonSlayer @siva @ShubhS9

If the investment is on the PAN of investor, the company would deduct TDS on dividend on the PAN of investor. TDS Credit would be reflected in Form 26AS. The gross dividend should be reported as taxable income under head IFOS in the ITR and TDS credit can be claimed.
If the investment is on the PAN of the broker, the company would deduct TDS on dividend on PAN of the broker and thus TDS Credit would be reflected in Form 26AS of the broker. The broker will further deduct TDS before making payment to the investor and deduct TDS on the same. Such TDS Credit would be reflected in Form 26AS of the investor.

1 Like

so . the client has to claim TDS two times ?
1st TDS deducted by the company on broker’s PAN and the 2nd TDS deducted by the broker on client’s PAN !

Hey I hold both Vedanta and Hindustan Zinc shares but haven’t received any dividend from the company despite the record date being over.

It can take around 30 days from record date for company to pay out dividends.

1 Like

Cool thanks!

@ShubhS9 Others have already received the dividends in their account, when can we hope to receive the dividends from the pool account?

Vedanta has credited Dividend on 11 November 2020 to all those who bought ON OR BEFORE 27 October but all those who sold on 28 , 29 and 30 October will get it from broker in trading account which might take about 15 -20 days as the broker need to reconcile accounts and credit of dividend .

@ShubhS9 Is this the case? Unless I get that money by tomorrow I have some urgent needs of funds and I would have to withdraw from my trading account.

Dividend pay-out was done by the company yesterday, we will do reconciliation and the Dividend amount should be credited to your trading account by next week.

:anguished: Guess I have to resort to withdraw then… Ok thanks. :pray:

okay

@ShubhS9 Mahashay next week bhi end hone ko hai abhi tak dividend account me nahi aaiya, aur kitna intezar karna hoga?