Everything You Need to Know About Vedanta Delisting

but later (if i have shares in my demate) i can sell it to company at offer price right?
question 2 . if i buy shares today will they be added to my demate becaus on T+2 day shares are not traded.?

If there is a Counter Offer, shareholders will get another bidding window to bid.

is it opportunity to make money ?
is there a possibility of loss?

You can, you will have time until one year from date of delisting to offer these shares to the company.

The stock isn’t going to delist immediately, it is lengthy process and whenever it is going to get delisted we will know in advance.

Hi,

i have one query, i have tendered my Vedanta shares in Delisting and got debited in DEMAT account, however Delisting has been failed, when will i get my shares back ?

Thanks

Saurabh

As mentioned by the company in its Public Announcement, in case of failure of Delisting tendered shares will be returned by October 23, 2020.

Hi I bought 100 Vedanta shares at rs119 on 9/10/20.in my holdings it is showing as average 138.62.can I sell these 100 shares tommorow? As my old shares are debited from from demat account for delisting what price will be considered 119 or 138.62?

Is anyone looking to buy Vedanta now for Dividends?

TODAY 27 OCTOBER is last date to buy with rs 9.50 per share Dividend . …yesterday on 26 October Hind Zinc traded last with rs 21.30 per share dividend . …

I have bought today and if I sell tomorrow I will get the dividend right?

YES if you buy today on 27 October and sell tomorrow on 28 October (BTST) you will get dividend but not from company directly in your bank …your broker will give the same in trading account few days after he gets it on your behalf.

1 Like

But at the end I should get the dividend… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I have bought 10000 shares @103.65 and look forward to selling it tomorrow anywhere around 95, else I am looking at over 90k loss.

you are 100% entitled i maintain 100% eligible to get 9.50 per share Dividend if you sell on or after 28 October at nse/bse.

Thanks bro, gonna add some more shares to the kitty… :pray: :relaxed:

Record date is 31 October which is Saturday market holiday . 30 October being Id-E-Milad festival it is Settlement holiday /clearing holiday (not trading holiday ).

Now you are again confusing me brother, I will be F****d if buy today sell tomorrow doesn’t work…

YOU WILL YOU SHALL YOU MUST get dividend of rs 9.50 per share from broker in trading account if you sale at nse/bse on or after 28 October 2020. I AM 100% SURE .

:pray: :hugs:

@DemonSlayer better sell only on thursday.

I once sold shares on ex date and did not get any dividend . My shares got debited same day and did not appear in company records

@ksksat @DemonSlayer
must get Dividend on your sale on EX dividend date . broker removes the shares from demat same day and keep in his pool account thus he get on your behalf .
Since this year there will be TDS and surely broker must be getting dividend on behalf of so many clients …he will credit in trading account TDS deducted but than HOW TO CLAIM the TDS in tax return ? WILL BROKER REFUND THE SAME TOO ?